Gwangi

Squirrel Fish 2

Hi,

Please tell me what is wrong with this picture, Just rip it apart...

Thanks

Regards

KL Kwang

post-261-1147240148_thumb.jpg

Hey this is a great photo but once again I think you killed yourself with the flash. If you can tone down the hot spot this would be a nice shot. You might want to try to get creative with coloring I kinda played with it real quik. This helps take you attention away from the hot spot and brings you right into the fish.

Just my Opinion(and you know what they say about Opinions)post-6576-1147243824_thumb.jpg

The problem with super wide lenses is that almost no matter how close you get to small fish, they still look small. I can see softness in the corners, which indicates that you are very close. When you are very close, the strobe light gets tricky. When I am shooting close like that, I sometimes tilt my strobes upward to demphasize the immediate foreground. But still, it's hard to see the fish clearly. Maybe a little PS work to pop up the fish, darken the foreground and sharpen the subject a bit.

I still greatly appreciate CFWA and I have many shots like this that I am not yet ready to get rid of.

Joe

The others points above are all valid, the other main point is the subject, what is it? it is not that clear, We have too much blue water, too much reef, the fish are a little far a way. Overall this mean there is no IMPACT, nothing to grab your attention, this is the biggest issue with the picture.

Xvier's edit is great - might crop in tighter though

-Steve

Sponsors

Advertisements