Sign in to follow this  
xvierphoto

Fish Pic

I kinda like this shot but I am looking for some opinions. Thanks

I realize it is a little blown out at the top of the fish but I think it kinda adds to the affect. I don't know! The shot also has a wierd shadow on the bottom. I swear the only thing I did in photoshop was color correct. and it truely didn' need much because the stobe was so hot. post-6576-1147544186_thumb.jpg

Personally, I do not like your use of a slightly slow shutter speed with first curtain sync. You should have either used a faster shutter speed or a slower shutter speed and second curtain sync.

I also do not like the fact that the fish is overexposed. If this is the look you are going for, you should have exposed it so that nothing was blown out and then increased the exposure in photoshop.

I like the composition a lot. Composition is in my opinion more difficult so overall I say you are more than half way there.

I like it.

While the image does depart from the accepted norms, I think it works.

It does seem to have a graphic style to it. It has a kind of “edgy†look to it.

It might even be worth persuing this "look" for a while to see what can be made of it.

I wouldn’t delete it.

Strobe is hot like you said, looks like there is a lot of light in the background that is why the water is so blue. just a little fill flash or maybe no flash would have been fine. This pic has an artsy look to it which is why it is a keeper, I like it but it doesn't knock me over as amazing. The fish is not flat it is rounded and is swimming slightly away from you so the the white hot strobe plus bright ambient conditions (almost giving a backlight) will give it that shadow you see where the strobe didn't hit, one strobe on the right side I am guessing.

I would use the burn tool on the scales a little to get more pop on the texture and clone out the fish in the back on the left they are a little distracting.

-Steve

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements