xvierphoto

Pacific Tube Worm

This is some of the best macro detail Ive gotten so far. I stopped down to f8 and took about 5 different shots this is the clearest and sharpest. Any Input

Sea & sea g5000

Manual mode

F8 1/90th iso 64

Macro Mode

YS-25post-6576-1147564688_thumb.jpg

Rather than cut off the top right I would have cut off the bottom of the two, it would have taken out the blury coral/sand in the forground which is distracting and given a darker background on the top. The beatuy of the worms comes from the large base to the small top kind of like a christmas tree, and there could have been a great shot of the two tops. Exposure and texture is well captured, nice color too, You may have the shot I described it would be smart to take many different compositions when you find a good subject.

-Steve

The detail is great. I'd have to agree that the composition detracts from the nice detail by being distracting. In most cases you either want to be in real close so that you are focusing on the pattern / form or you want the animal framed within the shot.

Not bad though :D

I agree with both of you as far as composition but there was a pretty good swll and alot of serge I took about 8-9 shots I got the composition but the exposures and detail aren't what I was looking for. Since I am only shooting with a g5000 raw is out, it is way to slow so I do not have the added info to juggle the exposure. I was just impressed with the amount of detail that 5mp piont and shoot captured. One of these days I am gonna spend the money to house my 20D. Thanks Guys

Tis a nice shot - good detail from 5mp, again proving that sensor size is not all.

Sponsors

Advertisements