wchen

My First Pics from $230 Olympus SP350

I just bought my wife a little inexpensive rig for our upcoming Borneo trip. I tested it out at San Miguel Island today.

I've always been a fan of the 5050 even though I've never owned one. I think the SP350 will be a good updated substitute for the 5050.

What do you think for a cheap camera?

60126662.sm_P5120405.jpg

60126637.sm_P5120351.jpg

60126594.sm_P5120340.jpg

60126590.sm_P5120291.jpg

60126658.sm_P5120358.jpg

surely worth the investment!! within 5 yrs we'll have small cameras attached to our masks!

Antonio

The pics are okay, but it's the person behind the camera not how expensive it is, well most of the time anyway :D

These were taken with a plastic $15.00 throw away!

69.jpg

70.jpg

Will,

Nice shots. Nice detail. I think you're part of a growing fan club of this camera. Its versatility for a "cheap" point and shoot is quite remarkable.

Gary

Looks pretty bloody nice to me Wil.

I've recommended one to a friend based on your results.

What strobe did you use?

Will, those are nice pictures, especially the first one.

Does that camera allow manual control like the 5050 did? Im looking for a cheap rig as well. did you buy Olympus housing? What strobe combo did you use?

Thanks,

M.

Just went to Olympus website.. I wonder why fstop does not go down to f8 anymore...

Does that camera allow manual control like the 5050 did? 

Yup.

Just went to Olympus website..  I wonder why fstop does not go down to f8 anymore...

Probably because of diffraction issues associated with the tiny sensor/lens combo.

Just went to Olympus website.. I wonder why fstop does not go down to f8 anymore...

The total range is f2.8 to f8.0 with the zoom set at the widest angle. When you zoom in, f4.9 is the best it will do. This doesn't match fstop range of the 7070 or 5060.

I own the camera and enjoy its versatility as a point and shoot.

Sponsors

Advertisements