madsfa

canon D350 and Inon Z240

Hi!

Do to lack of a manual I am confused why I can’t make the target laser and the focus light work by pressing the shutter button halfway.

The canon D350 camera is connected with an n5 to INON/S&S cable to the INON Z240.

Any idea why?

I am considering buying an OEM Converter for Canon ETTL

Kind regards

Mads

Hi Mads

very simple

you cant !

the Z-240 is not able to work like the 220, its focusing light is only manual operation with cabled systems.

so you will either have to have them on all the time, or simply press the button to activate it for approx 20sec.

regards

craig

:blink: It is not exactly what I like to hear. But thank you for the answer.

Kind regards

Mads

On a related topic- I've just received a Z-240 today and can't get the focus light to switch off at all. I've already got a D-180 & know that to switch the focus light off on that, I just twist the bottom left knob to the middle so it pops out. Doing the same thing on my Z-240 has no effect- the light stays on. Do I have a defective unit? It seems to function correctly in other respects. Or am I missing something?

The focus light stays on for about 8sec. or take a picture after the button pops out.

Kind regards

Mads

Thanks Mads,

Looks like I do have a problem with this unit- The contact must be a bit sticky or something. Sometimes it stays on for an hour with the button out, sometimes it's just 8 secs, and I can switch the focus light on again by just shaking the strobe!

Thanks Mads,

Looks like I do have a problem with this unit- The contact must be a bit sticky or something. Sometimes it stays on for an hour with the button out, sometimes it's just 8 secs, and I can switch the focus light on again by just shaking the strobe!

Is the black cap on the slave/optical sensor on the bottom of the strobe? On both of my Z240s if that part is seeing light then the aiming light comes on. I have no idea why (but then I haven't bothered to read the manual yet). Anyway if you put the cap on then the light should function normally based on the button/magnet gizmo. 8 seconds for 1 push, on if the button is locked down. Off otherwise.

Clinton

Clinton.

You've just made me a very happy man. This thing had been bugging me for the last few days. Worked like a dream & totally different from what happened with the D-180. Must get my hands on a manual in english...........

Thanks

Fergus

Now I have ordered a ETTL converter print from

http://www.heinrichsweikamp.net/blitz/indexe.htm

They tell me that the ETTL converter will do the trick to convert the INON Z240 to a TTL strobe and the focus light will function as supposed by pressing the shutter. :P I am looking forward to see if it is true. Is there any of you who have tried it? :

Sponsors

Advertisements