motionsync

Some more Pool Model Photos

Some more Model pool photos that i have shoot.. Those are the last with my D70s :-(

I hope the d200 wil do the same great job as my old workhose...

Enjoy

pool1.jpg

pool2.jpg

pool3.jpg

pool4.jpg

pool5.jpg

pool6.jpg

pool7.jpg

I fall off the face of the earth for 2 weeks over here in KL, finally get a free hour to surf, and what do I see....

WOW!

Great artwork, Lambis! I know how much work that studio stuff takes (let alone in the water), so my hat's truly off to you. Fantastic!

All the best, James

WOW. Incredible.

Are you sure that are UW Images ?

:P

When are you going to tell us how you light the models and how the back is so dark. Most people I would bet would have no idea they are U.W. looks like a fan is used. Awsome stuff.

I agree with everyone so far - beautifully lit Lambis!

Awesome stuff, Lambis. Well done!

When are you going to tell us how you light the models and how the back is so dark. Most people I would bet would have no idea they are U.W.

Good point Photobeat. You have asked so many questions here on Wetpixel over the years, Lambis. Surely you can't keep your techniques a secret! :P

What type of back drape are you using? How do you weight it down? How do you get rid of the bubbles on it!?

Is you lighting entirely UW, entirely above water, or a mixture of both?

How much photoshop do you do to the models' faces to get rig of bubbles and red eyes etc? And also on the background to make it so clean?

Alex

Impressive work! I like most the second, first for the obvious reason :P and second because it's the most unique image and the one that really uses the u/w media, The others are beautiful but its possible to get close impact on land with fans and some PS.

Again, Impressive.

Great stuff, fun and unique. I like #2 also, cool use of the reflection. You should post these on Fred Miranda.

Hey great pics there..well done...does not look real :P

Alex i dont try to keep my techniques secret! Just some ;-)

O.k. Lets go

as a back drape... its a big plasic drape (Plastic becuace is dsry very fast and i can transport it with train & airplanes. I put some weight on the bottom and try to fix depenst off the pool

My biggest problem is that i have not one pool where i take photos.. so all the time i do it on diferent pools and on diferents times.. sometimes night sometimes day sometimes i have the sun where i have problems with reflections bubbles etc...

What i do is to see the situations and try to make the best to fint the best spot and the best angle

to get rid of the bubbles on the drape.. I take them away with my hand... i know much work but this is the only way. The sessions are long.. 3 houers pereperations for a 10 minutes photoshooting

I am lighting entirely UW i use for thoese photos one subronic Gamma strobe.. I still try to learn to use it corectly.... Offen I use the sun as a creative light.

I shoot Manual.. look on the Histogram only and underexpose lite most off the time

I use capture one for lite Creative White balance and Photoshop to get rig of bubbles or some reflections. Very offen the background is not really black or clean but with some photoshop work is easy to make it black..

My lighting technic is the same as in Macro the same as i have learn it from Wetpixel. high speeds and the models are more or les in the middle off the pool.. so the light of my Subtronic dont hit the walls and as this i keep them black.

Freediving lessons for the models is the other toll that i use. I really teach my models feediving. How the exhale air and open the mouth without to look strange.. haw to move how to pose.. how the clothes and hiar can be controled underwater...

Make up is the ohter secret... underwater make up is not easy... soon i am a make up artist he he

I have no secrets just good preperation and long houers in the poll..

Lambis

Thanks for sharing.

Awesome pixs!

Great stuff, and thanks for the explanation! Sounds like a LOT of hard work, but the results are beautiful and breathtaking (no pun intended)! B)

Great work Lambis!

Your models look very relaxed in the water.

Dave

extraordinaire !!

Really awesome pictures

I like them especially the first one letting us know we are underwater ...

Far far away from the usual and so boring pool images I can see here in france

Bravo

Sponsors

Advertisements