Sign in to follow this  
Ron Boyes

Sync cable - D2x - SB 800

Hi Guys,

Just checking out my rig before leaving for Lembeh on the weekend and noticed that ittl from the D2X to SB 800 is hit and miss - sometimes I can get ittl in th flash LCD and sometimes ttl only - usually if i giggle the cable or turn the camera off and on it will lock on.

I have cleaned the sync cable and bulkhead connectors with a contact cleaner (no residue)

any ideas?

ps the local subal agent doesn't have a new cable in stock :)

thanks

ron

Hi Ron

Are you using the SB-800 with the Subal housing? And what housing are you using for the camera?

Marcelo.

Hi Marcel,

Subal Houings for the D2X and SB 800 and a subal sync cable (all pins are connected)

ron

It may be the hot shoe inside the flash housing. I have noticed that some flashes wobble about on the Subal hotshoe and create a hit and miss connection. You can solve the problem by sticking in a piece of card in the side of the joint between the two to wedge them more tightly together.

Hope that this helps,

Alex

Hi Ron,

I was having problems using an Aquatica housing with the Subal cable. But since you have Subal housing for both the flash and the camera you should be ok. Maybe it is the hot shoe like Alex said. There is one easy way to find where the problem is: if you have a voltmeter (or ask an electronic technician to do that), you can test both ends of the cable and the flash hot shoe inside the camera. You can find out if the problem is on the cable, on the flash hot shoe or inside the housing.

Good luck!!

Marcelo Krause.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements