Sign in to follow this  
Spoon

aquatica port options for sigma 10-20mm

guys am going to get the sigma 10-20 over the nikon 12-24. i am quite happy with the sample pics taken. i ahvent seen a port for this lens but will aquaticas port for the 12-24 work? thanks

Don't know about ports but the other thing to consider at the same time is whether there is a suitable zoom ring. Probably best to e-mail Aquatica

Jim

i agree with Jim, port is the same. But you need to ask about zoom ring

If I remember properly Jean from Aquatica was using this lens .

Speak to Blake. I've just ordered a zoom gear for my 10-20 in my Aquatica D70 housing, so although not on their list of standard kit, he very kindly obliged.

According to Jean you will also need the 18456 port extension (same as for the 12-24)

I shot the attached a couple of days ago with the 10-20. All shot at 10mm as I have not received the zoom gear yet. Sharpness looks fine to me - but any more expert comments would be most gratefully received.

http://woody.smugmug.com/gallery/1543589/1/74394747

My zoom gear for my Sigma 15-30 fit PERFECTLY on the 10-20 when I got it....Blake knows exactly the size to fit the lens. You will, however, need the 18mm extension ring to go with the dome port...it's a sweet lens! Now all I have to do is get a new set of Alex's magic filters because the ones for the 15-30 are back-mount and the ones for the 10-20 are front mount :unsure:

Wouldn't it be nice if more things just switched from lens/lens & housing to housing?

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements