tovy

Best house reef in Bonaire?

In the past I stayed at Captain Don's on two trips, and I am planning to go back to Bonaire in mid-July. Is there a better house reef or resort in Bonaire than Captain Don's?

I thoroughly enjoyed the freedom and ease of diving at Captain Don's (and loved the pizzia), yet I am not sure there isn't something even better. Any suggestions?

Tov

The house reef at Plaza Resort is far better then Capt. Don's and is the best IMO.

You have a much larger reef with 2 easy entry areas. There is much more coral, particularly if you go in from the beach and go North. Capt. Don's also charges non-guests a fee to dive their reef- a bit strange for the "home of diving freedom".

With the ease of travelling around Bonaire, and all the shore dives marked at the roadside, I'm a bit surprised at the emphasis on the house reefs.

The Captain's is ideally situated for boats to Klein Bonaire, and the pizza is an extra enticement...

I asked at the center last year when taking my 12-year old son for his first dives, and although we were staying next door at Buddy Dive, Captain Don's were more than helpful and let us dive off their jetty.

Tim

B)

Sponsors

Advertisements