DavidG

problems with the "Leak Alarm"

Hi everyone !

Last week I was doing a dive with my new Subal ND20 and five minutes after the beginning of the dive I realized that the "leak alarm" was flashing (I almost had a heart attack ). I went back to the boat and I opened the housing and I found out that there were two small drops of water inside the housing and nothing else. I decided not to go back in the water and I removed the battery from the "leak alarm" to save battery power.

Yesterday I was getting my housing ready for another dive and I put back the battery for the "leak alarm" and the big surprised was that the alarm still flashing. I blow dry air on the sensor but the alarm still on. I want to go diving this coming Sunday but I am afraid to dive without it.

Does anyone had the same problem before?

Thanks

David

You've got some corrosion remaining on the leak detector circuit board or in the two wire sensor at the bottom of the housing. Loosen the board from the double stick tape, clean it well with white vinegar. Then clean the white vinegar away with denatured alchohol. Do the same to the open end of the two wire sensor. If this does not help then you may have to replace the board and/or the sensor.

Dave Marsh

Scary moment there David! I've just got my Subal ND20. I hope I don't have that problem!

Ive had my leak alarm in my Subal ND2 housing go on a few times also. Ive noticed that the most common cause for me is a drip falling from the backplate into the housing while opening it between dives. The drip finds it way onto the sensor during or before the dive causing the alarm to go on.

Cor

I had a similar experience to Cor's. Thoroughly drying the sensor and following Dave's instructions should solve the issue...

Thanks Dave,

I finally fixed the problem with the " Leak Alarm", thanks for all your help.

David

Sponsors

Advertisements