Giles

Scuba Diving Magazine July Issue

121329317_7dde12831b_o.jpg

i'm sorry ... but it's all i've got ... i am excited as i thought the print run was over.

When I saw that, it reminded me of the one Alex took of you head on. That's great too. Very cool modelling makes the shot. ;)

Rand

Personally, I don't think it is the most amazing image, nice, just not amazing (despite Giles's perfect modelling).

What I find interesting is that I think it looks great as an advert. Often having text and stuff laid over an image can actually improve a shot.

Alex

that and having someone give you lots of money.... ;)

Hey well done. Is that you in the pic or did you take it?

Giles in pic... hence Super Model title

Alex is the photog.. hence the money comment... ;)

O.. I see...abit slow sometimes ;)

Now that Alex is successfull I don't get out of bed for anything less than 5 beers. And it takes another 2 to get me in the water. 7 beers and your stomach is nicely filled to create neutral bouyancy .. perfect for modelling.

"Personally, I don't think it is the most amazing image, nice, just not amazing"

I am amazed that you located some fish in Cayman waters ;)

I am amazed that you located some fish in Cayman waters  ;)

Sarcasm ? or do you dive with your eyes shut ?

"Sarcasm ? or do you dive with your eyes shut ?"

It's sarcasm, my friend. Maybe misplaced on this forum, and if so I apologize, and possibly not so evident in relative terms to the younger devotees to the underwater vocations. But there was a time when the Caymans were earning every letter of Tzimoulis' famous moniker: "Superbowl of Scuba". Alas, those qualities went a-missin' somewhere in the late '80s.

Of all the better dive locations in the Western Hemisphere the Caymans, and Grand Cayman in particular, have suffered one of the more prodigious drops in quality and quantity of flora and fauna. One hopes it will one day, likely long after we are all resting in eternity, somehow reclaim it's health and beauty.

Nevertheless, to this day I have not yet dived on a wall anywhere in the world equal to the North Wall sites of Grand Cayman in their healthy heyday. Simply put, they were spectacular in every way.

For many who enjoyed it then, it hurts to see what it has now become ;)

Sponsors

Advertisements