pakman

S&S 350D housing and TTL Converter

and dimples...

oh, btw, no making fun of my TTL converter during the workshop :lol:

not a problem.. i won't let you use it....

Pakman,

Thanks for getting this thread rolling...I've yet to review all of the discussion but just did a similar run of images last night, with my Nikon D200 setup, which is otherwise very similar to yours, in a DX200 housing with dual Z-240 strobes and the Sea & Sea TTL controller. I ran tests in Manual and TTL, with the results found at http://ambress.com/D200/DX200/Z240.

Regards,

Daryl

oooh, D200 S&S... very nice... Hey have you tried your rig underwater with those pool noodles (foam) on the arms. I'm trying to locate some here in HK to add some buoyancy to my setup. As my S&S 350D housing is so small and the inon's pretty negative, would like to add some floats as well to improve the balance of things...

Hi Pakman,

No, I've not yet been in the water with my foam-sleeved strobe arms. Actually, I expect very little change to the buoyancy since there simply isn't enough foam there to do much and there is still compression of the foam at depth. But, I wanted to at least explore the idea. In shallow waters the foam will zero out the weight of the arm segments at least. The 8-inch buoyany arms were already positive, floating at their centerline while the foam sleeve raised their water line maybe 20%. The small 5-inch standard arms were negative enough to sink pretty quickly and now float. I think the only type approach that would really give much positive buyoancy is a strong but lightweight, sealed tube. I don't expect the negative buoyancy to be such an issue that I have to jerry-rig some bulky solution that just adds more drag. Hmmm....nope...there's no Helium fill port on the DX200 housing. Darn! :D

Daryl

Sponsors

Advertisements