Sign in to follow this  
DivinDiva

Aquatica A995 improved shutter release

I just returned from a trip to Ft Lauderdale where I got to try out the new improved shutter release on my Aquatica 995. I had had problems with the shutter sticking at depth or being to stiff at shallow depth. The improved shutter release is much better. I was abel to push the shutter with ease at 20 ft and had no problems at depth. ( Although I only dove to 75 ft.)

The cold front put a little bit of a damper on our topside activity but we still had some good diving.

Sandy

Hi Sandy,

That's good to hear. Kudos to the folks at Aquatica for that.

Cheers

James Wiseman

I had my A995 shutter assembly replaced last Nov, and have done some 25 dives so far down to a max depth of 120 ft. Absolutely perfect. Aquatica are tops!

I always maintain that everyone makes mistakes, it's what you do to fix them that counts most. (Although admittedly it would have been better if the problem did not exist in the first place :)

John

Did you install the assembly yourself or have Aquatica do it?

I was wondering how difficult it is.

Thanks

Forest

I have done it myself, probably some 5 times over so far!

It is very easy indeed, just ensure you pressure test the housing before using it with the camera!

John

I didn't feel comfortable doing it myself so I sent mine back to Aquatica. They were great about it though. They even reimbursed me for shipping and returned it in time for my next trip.

Sandy

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements