depelos

What lenses are a must for Lembeh Strait?

What lenses would you experienced folks say are a must for Lembeh Strait? I'll be there in Oct. and want to be sure to be prepared. Thanks.

macro.

The largest interesting subject is probably a minic octopus which can stretch out to a couple of feet. The other subjects are smaller, much smaller and much much smaller.

I'd say the 60mm macro would be the best all round lens for Lembeh. Let's you get the bigger stuff without being too far (visibility is generally limited there), and also the small stuff down to 1:1.

Agree with the 60 and would add the 105 with a teleconvertor and/or diopters.

60 mm all the way'

When you go for pigmy sea horse, then 105+diaopters

Talk to the guides befor hand so they will show you all pigmys on a single dive.

I use a 70-180mm Macro Zoom and a MacroMate for the really small stuff.

The zoom allows you to be a little further away and still fill the frame for the skittish critters.

I hope your trip is as successful as mine was last month, if you have the dollars get a personal dive guide, well worth the extra cost.

regards

ron

This is one trip you will love, I never shot as much on any trip as I did at KBR. Have a blast.

Steve B)

Ditto what others are saying. 50mm or 60mm 1:1 macro lens for most stuff, and 100mm or 105mm 1:1 macro lens (I don't know what camera you're using) for really little stuff.

You guys have been a great help. Obviously the 60mm is the lens of choice so I went out yesterday and bought a Nikon 60mm lens. I already have a 105mm and diopters that I use with my Fuji S2. Maybe when I'm rich I'll buy one of those 180mm zoom lenses! Sounds sweet though! I'm really looking forward to this trip - I'll be staying at KBR which I've heard is great. Thanks again.

Sponsors

Advertisements