I received an e-mail from Adobe containing a link to Adobe Lightroom beta. Apparently, if's supposed to be pretty good. However, it failed my first test. Download it and tried to work the program without reading the manual. I can't get anything to load in. Intuitiveness is very important to a lazy guy like me. Anyway, thought I'd start the thread and get input from anyone who's playing around with it.

Rand

Hi Rand

You have to import the images in order to view it. It does not work like a regular browser. It can only browse the images that you import.

I played a lot with the program, it has very nice features but I don’t know if it will fit my workflow.

I am using a combination of photo mechanic + Nikon capture + photoshop to manage my images.

Best regards,

Marcelo.

Needs a real curve tool.

Faster would help too.

"I played a lot with the program, it has very nice features but I don’t know if it will fit my workflow.'

This sums up my experience too! Fun, but not certain about its real usefulness at present.

Ok, well that saves me reading the Manual. Which I do appreciate. :rolleyes: To the garbage it will go. Thanks,

Rand

I found the layout of tools and settings very awkward and difficult to do anything quickly.

The one exception is batch processing. It is very nicely done and is much easier than in photoshop. Only problem is that it does not allow you to apply the crop setting in the batch.

Ohh and Rand, there is not manual to read. The help file is composed of like 3 sentences.

have any of you used Rawshooter?

If so I'd be interested to hear how it compares, given this is what the Pixmantec developers have been working on since the acquisition

Thanks

Steve

Yep, I've used Rawshooter Elements and liked it so much I upgraded to Premium. Its excellent. But Pixmantec have sold out to Adobe and Lightroom Beta is the result.

Like others have found, its fun to play around with, but I can't say I have got into it. And there are presumably features I cannot find - like how do you move things offline for storage and still be able to search on keywords?

An as Acroporas says, manual, what manual? Three pretty useless lines. Gotta say I was disappointed. I thought Rawshooter was terrific. And I thought I would get something really good from Adobe. Maybe the final release version will be better.

Not sure if any of you guys use Macs. If you do check out Aperture - you can fly through some Quicktime tutorials on the Apple website. There are also some more advanced online seminars which really show it's features. It still has a few quirks which hopefully will be worked out in the next release or two, but I think it is an amazing workflow program especially for initial sorting of the shoot. Now that I am becoming more familiar with all it's features it has become my primary program, displacing Photomechanic and Camera Raw.

Yep, I've used Rawshooter Elements and liked it so much I upgraded to Premium. Its excellent. But Pixmantec have sold out to Adobe and Lightroom Beta is the result.

Like others have found, its fun to play around with, but I can't say I have got into it. And there are presumably features I cannot find - like how do you move things offline for storage and still be able to search on keywords?

An as Acroporas says, manual, what manual? Three pretty useless lines. Gotta say I was disappointed. I thought Rawshooter was terrific. And I thought I would get something really good from Adobe. Maybe the final release version will be better.

Also if you feel like seeing some real eyecandy go down to an apple store and demo it on a 30" screen with a new G5 workstation.

Sponsors

Advertisements