bluga

Whale Shark Encounter

Looks like you had a nice encounter with them. Nice pictures. I'm hoping to see some myself on my upcoming trip. Thanks for sharing.

great set

Noce shots, the first face shot and the tails are my favorites. Did you photograph these in raw? If you did, you may want to play with the white balance and try to take some of the blue out. But the pics look great anyways.

Great pics. I am off to Mahe next week in the hope of similarf encounters with Whale Sharks. Do you or anyone else have any tips on how to to take photos of Whale Sharks? Thanks

Everyone is so polite and nice but polite and nice are not going to make you a better photographer or editor..

I know this in not in the critique section but I'm in a mood today so I will be the bad guy. :) As you were faced with low visiblity you had tough conditions so your 1st two shots are the best, you got close and focused on the head, got a great eye contact shot on the second.... well done that is all you should have posted and tossed all the others. It would have made you look like a higher level photographer. All the other shots are basic no no's, Subject swimming away from you not good, cutting off half the shark in various positions with leaving lots of open water... not good. The diver floundering around with a section of the shark ...not good.

It is easy to say get a full shot of the shark head to to and get close but if you can't or couldn't, show the best ones like 1 and 2 and scrap the rest. :D

Edited by Photobeat

Sponsors

Advertisements