Kelpfish

Long lost pics

When I did my first and second go-through of my Lembeh trip, I missed these three. Maybe they aren't winners, but they are at least keepers. Any comments? Good? Bad? Ugly?

Joe

post-1513-1154817620_thumb.jpg

post-1513-1154817645_thumb.jpg

they look great to me joe, sea horse seems a little dark though

I really like the Octopus - although again it looks a little dark on my monitor.

Alex

I liked them all. Once again the first thing I noticed is that they all seemed a little dark.

I'll go with the Octo as well. I think with some careful adj. in PS you'd have a knockout shot.

Rand

I'd have to say the Seahorse looks like how rembrant would have painted a sea horse if he saw one. Looks very artsy to me. I would play around ever so lightly with the dodge tool on this in P.S. and go for a fine art print. I just love it.

I just looked at these on my work computer and they are indeed dark. I didn't do too much PS so maybe I should kick up the levels a bit to brighten them up. The weird thing is that they look fine on my 21 inch monitor. I should probably get some calibration software.

Thanks for the feedback.

ok folks, I have a question. My PSD file for the blue ring looks fantastic on my monitor. When I convert it to a JPG in high rez, it still looks nicely exposed. If I save it as a small JPG for p[osting on Wetpixel, it still looks good on my monitor. But when I upload it to wetpixel, it gets really dark. Is there some conversion that occurrs? Here it is reposetd. It looks brighter and I did nothing since I posted the first blue ring.

post-1513-1155043061_thumb.jpg

Do you save it as an sRGB? Lots of software will assume sRGB and wont show AdobeRGB colorspace.

Cor

Hi Cor,

How do I change the color space? I am a knucklehead when it comes to PS. :glare: :lol:

This is from memory as im at work right now..

Try "Image -> Mode -> Convert to Profile -> sRGB IEC......"

If its not exactly there, look for something that says 'Convert to Profile'.

Cor

Close, but no cigars, Cor :lol:

It's actually in the Edit menu, under Edit>Convert To Profile

As Cor mentioned, select sRGB IEC as Destination Profile

The rest of the settings should read as Adobe ACE for Engine, Perceptual for Intent, and the Use Black Point Compensation check box should be ticked.

Sponsors

Advertisements