MikeVeitch

Scuba Diver Australasia

Just got a copy of this via PDF, its in their latest issue in the Xtraordinary Dives section

210602706_460e522975.jpg

H U G E

C o n g r a t u l a t i o n s ! ! !

Well done Mike.

Such an awesome shot. I was just in the newsagent and it wasn't out yet, have to wait a couple of days I guess. Looks really good anyway.

Hey well done Mike. Congrats.... :lol:

Will keep a look out for that mag.

Congratulations Mike - It is the definitive manta train shot.

:lol::lol:

Peter

Nice one Mikey.. :lol:

I love those Manta's :lol:

Dive safe

DeanB

Good use of the clone tool Mikey !!

ha ha .. good stuff .. is that the first time that pic has been used since the BSoUP competition ?

Thanks everyone.... even Giles!

Hey Mike, which Photoshop tool... or was it a plug in that you used to change the angles and wing flaps on those manta rays :blink::D

Hey Mike, which Photoshop tool... or was it a plug in that you used to change the angles and wing flaps on those manta rays :blink::D

Actually... i use peanut butter to lure them in...

Mike,

THAT ROCKS brother!! :blink: Excellent work. And was the peanut butter creamy or chunky?

I know a certain Mike who's got the cover shot for the next issue of that very same magazine. :D

Got to see it last week, and it looks great. I'll post a picture when the mag's officially out. :blink:

Edited by mattdiver

Mike,

Sorry to ask you this, because I don't have a copy of the magazine.

Is this the issue with my Leopard Seal picture in it? It's a Seal playing with its freshly caught penguin. If so, then I would love to see the PDF.

Thanks,

Andre

haha... sorry Andre, i haven't seen the actual magazine yet... :lol:

mail in Yap is Crap! but its a nice little orange building... :blush:

perhaps ask Mattdiver via PM

Leopard Seal?!? that would be cool! i wanna go to Antarctica.. ballsy effort to get one of those, i hear they a bit vicious..

I have been to Yap two years ago, so I know how your mail system works :blush:

Antarctica has been the best thing I have done so far. And I must admit, it was scary to see the Leopard Seal underwater. Almost three meters big.

Hi Andre,

Your photo with the leopard seal is in the same issue of the magazine, in the new competition section for the readers' choice of outstanding photos.

BTW, it was one of my favourite shots at the CTS competition this year. I think I gave it the top spot when judging the entries.

Hi Andre,

Your photo with the leopard seal is in the same issue of the magazine, in the new competition section for the readers' choice of outstanding photos.

BTW, it was one of my favourite shots at the CTS competition this year. I think I gave it the top spot when judging the entries.

Thanks for your vote :blush::lol: . I was very proud to win CTS with this shot. And then the bonus of being second in the portfolio category.

Hey Mike! it looks like a multiexposure shot :blush: even the one in the background is in sync! I think I deserve one of those dives at least once in my life sniff sniff!!

Cronix: is there a way to see your pic? how does the leopard seal look at you? is it curious, afraid etc...?

Hey Mike! it looks like a multiexposure shot :blush: even the one in the background is in sync! I think I deserve one of those dives at least once in my life sniff sniff!!

Cronix: is there a way to see your pic? how does the leopard seal look at you? is it curious, afraid etc...?

Here is a VERY VERY BAD repro of my print. It's taken from the Celebrat the Sea site. Sorry, but I am not putting my original on the web yet. Trust me it's sharp :lol:

wide-gold-DSC_6818.jpg

They are curious. They alway keep looking at you. Afraid, yes, I was. They are not afraid, why? You won't stand a chance when they want to hurt you. You just have to respect that.

They are curious. They alway keep looking at you. Afraid, yes, I was. They are not afraid, why? You won't stand a chance when they want to hurt you. You just have to respect that.

That´s an incredible pic :blush: !!!!!

I wondered because you are the only one I know that has dived with them and I had no clue on their behaviour...I thought that maybe they were afraid even though much more powerful, like sharks are with us...

That´s an incredible pic :blush: !!!!!

I wondered because you are the only one I know that has dived with them and I had no clue on their behaviour...I thought that maybe they were afraid even though much more powerful, like sharks are with us...

Whow. I am now seeing this on my calibrated monitor. It is a very bad reproduction...

My impression is that non of the animals I have seen in Antarctica are afraid for humans.

Sponsors

Advertisements