For those of you shooting Inon 240 ( or 220) strobes, do you believe that they have adequate power to support Nilon 10 mm or 16 mm fish eye lens on nikon digital cameras?

Thanks in advance!

I'm quite happy with my Z-240's

it depends on what you want to light i suppose, but using x2 i have not had problem at all.

regards

Craig

I'm quite happy with my Z-240's

it depends on what you want to light i suppose, but using x2 i have not had problem at all.

regards

Craig

I usually shoot my 12-24, plenty of light. I borrowed my friend's 10.5 and there was plenty of light.

I confirm that you should be OK with these strobes with either of the fisheye lenses...

I've had my two Z220s for about 2 years and they have been terrific. No problem lighting a 10.5 in lightish water. I'm not so sure about the deeper, darker bits.

Has anyone found that getting the strobes to start charging can be a bit of a challenge if they havn't been used for a while? I keep wondering if its maybe slightly dirty/greasy contacts- but I can't pin down the cause. It usually takes me several attempts and changing/polishing batteries to get the strobes up and running - then they are as good as gold.

In my experience over 3 years of using Z-220s's with a 1.6x, 1.3x and full frame camera, I've come to find that although power can be an issue sometimes, using the Inons on a full-frame camera starts giving coverage issues sometimes.

By that I mean that with a fisheye 180 deg. lens on a full frame camera, I find myself lighting two sides of a wide angle shot with significant falloff in the middle of the frame.

I have considered getting a 3rd Inon Z220/240 to cover the middle of the frame, which actually Ryan Canon of Reefphoto does on occasion. He does recommend it - so that is one possible solution if you run into coverage problems with a Fisheye.

Sponsors

Advertisements