bertschb

Ike 8" dome port now rated for 200'

I just ordered Ike's 8" dome port from B&H today. Then I logged onto Ike's web site and saw an announcement dated yesterday that said all 8" domes made after 8/16/2006 are now rated for 200' vs 150'. Apparently you can swap the body for the newer design but it doesn't say if the swap is free.

Here's the link:

8" Ike port update news

I wanted to order the port from Reef Photo but Ryan said they were out of stock and might be for some time. Maybe I'll just keep what B&H sends me and see if the swap for the newer body is free.

BTW, I was tempted to cancel my order and wait for somebody to get the new design in stock but I'm going on a trip in two months and didn't want to chance not having anything.

it looks like Ike will "We will exchange early bodies for the revised version if sent to Ikelite without the #5510.40 Dome assembly. "

so you can still get the revised bodies.

Tom,

I bought the extra short and extra long extensions for the 8inch port. Have those been upgraded as well? If so are those exchangeable too?

thanks,

-- will

Tom,

please ignore my question, I just read this on your site.

New specifications for #5510.16 and #5510.24 body design used in these ports starting 8/15/06 increases the safe operating depth to 200 feet. This will be stamped on the side of the body. We will exchange early bodies for the revised version if sent to Ikelite without the #5510.40 Dome assembly.

-- will

When you get your port from B&H send us the extension and we will exchange it at no charge.

Thanks Tom. I'll do that. I haven't been past 150' but I have been past 140 a couple times. I just want to make sure the housing can handle it if I find another reason to get that deep again.

Sponsors

Advertisements