Sign in to follow this  
davichin

Mobulas

Yesterday the ocean was perfect so Luisa and I ran out of work and arrived at the dive site at 7 pm. This is the best time to see the mobulas although light is not so good (I shot ISO 200 on these)...

We where 30 minutes waiting in the sand at 14 meters without seeing anything else but a school of barracudas until they arrived. We had never seen so many together (Luisa counted 15 while I was behind the viewfinder) and we stayed with them for a long while... great dive! (today we are coming back!)

D200 raw+jpg(these are from the jpgs), ISO 200, nikon 16mm, single DS125:

foro_DSC0013.jpg

foro_DSC0030.jpg

foro_DSC0055.jpg

foro_DSC0028.jpg

I hope you like them!!

foro_DSC0048.jpg

David,

Beautiful shots. I particularly like number 4. Great exposure. Visibility looks great. You're very lucky to live so close to your dive sites!

Hope you have another good one today!

Fergus

I ran out of work and arrived at the dive site at 7 pm

I really don't know what to say to that...

I have no divable water within 3 hour drive radius.

Great shots! I like the first one most. It is taken from above yet it is not flat as most shots taken from that perspective. I guess it it the shadow of that single strobe that makes it work.

David,

Beautiful shots. I particularly like number 4. Great exposure. Visibility looks great. You're very lucky to live so close to your dive sites!

Hope you have another good one today!

Fergus

Thank you very much Fergus! we have a couple of very good dive sites around here... :)

Thank you Andrzej an Hamish! I think is harder too to get them from above...

The first image is great. It is the shadow on the sand that gives it a good sence of three dimensions. So much for the default advice that you should shoot upwards to isolate your subject. You have a great counterexample of isolating your subject by shooting down.

woo-hoo. wetpixel forums are back!

David, I love your pics. #1 and 2 are my favorites.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements