Sign in to follow this  
mrjamesm

Maldives Livaboard Recommendations

Looking to go to the Maldives in November for 1 week of livaboard and 1 week of island. Anyone have good recommendations? We've had Angaga recommended by a few companies for the island - we still plan to dive while on there.. Like a little luxury on the boat and not too big if possible. In terms of the diving, would like to see the bigger animals, sharks, manta's, dolphins etc. We dived in the Lhaviyani atol a few times so would like to try somewhere different..

I know it's not the best time of year strictly speaking but we're moving from the UK to Boston MA in the new year so this is the best chance for a holiday..

James

James,

I can certainly recommend the boats run by Maldives Scuba Tours (http://www.scubascuba.com) and I know they offer resort bookings too. I've not been in Nov but they might be able to give you good advice - I've always found them very helpful.

Richard

Hi James

I'll second Richard's recommendation of Scuba Tours. We have been with them twice on Sea Spirit. Plenty of Mantas and sharks, but no whale sharks yet sadly (oh well next time maybe).

Mark

i havent got experience of MST boats in the Maldives but have heard from many fellow divers about their boats and its all been very positive. if I were to book a trip back there it would be with them.

James,

I can second the Maldives Scuba Tours recommendation. They really know the area very well. We dived off Sea Queen a couple of years ago & will be out there again in October. The diving was spectacular & the guides were very knowledgable.

We're splitting the holiday again this time, so we get a week on Angaga & a week on Sea Queen. I'll write something up about the trip on my return.

Hamish.

I went on one of the Maldives Scuba Tours boats last year and it was excellent. So I'd add another recommendation.

Alex

I also agree with the above, i know many divers who have been with MST time and time again, they all have only great comments to make. After leadding a trip with the owner of MST, Rob, I got to know him fairly well! Enough to realise how passionate he is about his liveaboards and how much care and effort he has put into his business. Plus, I believe he was the first liveaboard in the area and also knows a few spots that a many of the others don't. He really knows the manta places, for sure the guys on the boat will be able to put in the right place at the right time to see the biggies. Like mentioned above, I'm sure Rob and his staff at MST can steer the right way for your resort as well!

Happy diving...

Probably a bit late, but I notice that Tornado Marine are launching a new boat, the Monsoon, which is the same specification as their Red Sea boats. If its a s good as the boats offered by Tony Backhurst Scuba in the Red Sea it should be very good indeed.

Tim

B)

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements