segal3

Centered Garibaldi

So much for creative titles...somewhere on the backside of Santa Cruz Island (SoCal). Water was a warm 68F :). Straight out of the camera in terms of color/WB.

_MG_6005w.jpg

Nothing exciting, but fairly representative of the diving...

Nice image, color is good and water unusually blue for California... I think the only way to improve it is if the Garibaldi was off-center, maybe at one of the lower corners and closer.

To add to what Luiz mentioned, the garibaldi would pop out even more if it was located completely against the blue background (complementary colour), rather than being at the border between the bottom and blue water. Nice shot all the same :)

Looks like a good day. My last dive at Bali was also 68F and the water didn't look as blue.

I don't think Matt was looking for a critique he is a great photographer and knows more than most of us.... he was showing a representation of the diving. More than anything this photo is a great technical example of balancing strobe and ambient light so that it looks like a strobe was not used...take note.

I don't think Matt was looking for a critique
I wasn't? Come now, I'm always looking for a critique - the majority of the time that I ask for one though I rarely get anything useful. :rolleyes:

I think this balance is part of a new technique I'm working on (with some fair amount of difficulty in getting it right). This one turned out, but as everyone notices, the aesthetics of the picture are lacking.

A different site, but same day (for those in the area, Three Sisters at Santa Cruz Island). I think the fish from the first photo really needed to make a showing here :unsure: :

_MG_5881w.jpg

I wasn't? Come now, I'm always looking for a critique - the majority of the time that I ask for one though I rarely get anything useful. :P

I think this balance is part of a new technique I'm working on (with some fair amount of difficulty in getting it right). This one turned out, but as everyone notices, the aesthetics of the picture are lacking.

A different site, but same day (for those in the area, Three Sisters at Santa Cruz Island). I think the fish from the first photo really needed to make a showing here ;) :

_MG_5881w.jpg

Wow, great colors. I guess you have to live around SoCal waters for a while to really appreciate how rare days like these are.

Ok, Matt....what's your technique you are working on? Don't be shy...we all want to steal your techniques...isn't that appropriate?? :P;):)

Sponsors

Advertisements