newfish

Canon 5D + Sea & Sea housing + Sea & Sea TTL converter + Inon z240 strobes

Anyone has experience on this combo ? will it work ? I cannot handle manual and external auto doesn’t work with the diffuser installed.

HI

I'm using D200 S&S converter and Z-240. total dream. TTL converter on the Z-240works fine.

how come you cant handle manual ?, its so simple with the Z-240 or infact any strobe, ? i use manual all the time, my ttl converter only switched to ttl in anticipation of the unxpected swimming by.

regards

craig

Anyone has experience on this combo ? will it work ? I cannot handle manual and external auto doesn’t work with the diffuser installed.

thanks for the info. Regarding manual flash control, I can handle changes in ISO and aperture but not distance. How do you guys do it by the way ? increasing the flash output by one stop for every 1.4 times increase in distance ..... just can't handle the arithmetic especially under water.

quite simple, i run up a table of distances using this standard STSD = GN/F-stop and test that, then simply just get used to the strobe.

more often than not, the golden F8 1/60 with 1/2 power on the strobes 100iso works most of the time for subjects around 3-4ft away.

The z-240 has lots of control steps, i generally run a few "clicks" at a time.

you will with time learn you strobe until its settings just become instinct

regards

craig

thanks for the info. Regarding manual flash control, I can handle changes in ISO and aperture but not distance. How do you guys do it by the way ? increasing the flash output by one stop for every 1.4 times increase in distance ..... just can't handle the arithmetic especially under water.

Sponsors

Advertisements