moliu

testing the moisture alarm on DX-D200

Hi, I just got my DX-D200 Sea and sea housing. I've tested the housing in the water and it's working fine. I'm just wondering if there's any way i can test the moisture alarm in the housing. I'm about to go on a trip soon, and really want to make sure everything's working first before I go.

Thanks!

Sure, just use a screw driver (or any other metal) to close the contact between the wires in the metal detector. That's how they work, when salt water closes the circuit.

Luiz

I usually test mine by wetting my finger and holding my finger against the prongs.

Cor

I know,the wire ends are housed under that little tunnel assembly thingy.I found that the wiring is not glued down to the body of the housing on mine so it can be easily pulled backwards out of its cover, after testing the circuit using the previous posted suggestions, use a small flathead screwdriver to lift the thingy enough to slip the wire back under it. If the L.E.D. does not flash, check the battery,the plus"+" mark should be looking at you.

Sure, just use a screw driver (or any other metal) to close the contact between the wires in the metal detector. That's how they work, when salt water closes the circuit.

Luiz

Does that mean the alarm is not going to work in fresh water?

Sponsors

Advertisements