Sign in to follow this  
ce4jesus

Is it real, or is it Photoshop?

:blink::D;)

post-5434-1158284728_thumb.jpg

I think i have seen this somewhere before .. as one of those famous real shots .. but i wait to be told i'm wrong.

it's like the one of the shark in the wave .. there are fakes but there is a real one too.

I guess the lack of wave action/any texture on the surface in the zone between the shark and the bottom of frame and to the bottom right of frame could be explained away by a wind-shadow from the boat the image was shot from...?

Whether it is real or a composite, I think the mere act of questioning an image's integrity tends to devalue that image in the eye of subsequent viewers.

darren

According to this it appears to be authentic.

Includes some more pictures and story.

Edited by dmoss

How sad that everything is suspect. What an image!

Now look at the thread that John Bantin has been sustaining for the last few weeks....

Tim

B)

It's touched. Look at the dorsal fin shadow and the lack of shadow under the starboard paddle.

It is real. Taken by Tom Peshak - from his book on S Africa. Currents of Contrast.

Alex

It's touched. Look at the dorsal fin shadow and the lack of shadow under the starboard paddle.

I think that the dorsal fin "shadow" is actually a reflection. Similarly the paddle has a white reflection that is more diffuse and separated since it is higher off of the waters. IMO.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements