echeng

DEMA, NOV 8-11, 2006, Orlando

you have any idea how to use that video in your lap john? and i mean underwater....

you have any idea how to use that video in your lap john? and i mean underwater....

What video? I thought it was a microwave oven!

(You would not believe I have directed films in Hollywood! Yes, it is true.)

I expect that I can contribute some fine Australian Wine to the cause, and can get TAKA DIVE AND assorted other boat operators to contrubute.

Hey, guys.

Does anyone have suggestions for where we should meet? I'm thinking we'll time it to coincide with the DEMA awards -- Friday night, November 10th.

A good number of people are only getting in on the 8th and 9th, so the evening of the 10th is probably our best bet to meet up.

I'm staying at the Rosen Centre Hotel just across the street from the convention center. Does anyone know if it has a proper bar? The website says that its lobby lounge bar is "ideal for both quiet conversation with friends and colleagues or for solitary time and personal reflection" -- definitely not what we want.

How about the Rosen Centre Hotel pool bar, 8pm, Friday the 10th?

That's probably as good a place as any, at least to start..... :)

Make sure everyone is clear that it is the Rosen Center and NOT the Rosen Plaza. They are similar hotels on either side of the convention center, the Plaza is a little closer.

Hey, guys.

Does anyone have suggestions for where we should meet? I'm thinking we'll time it to coincide with the DEMA awards -- Friday night, November 10th.

A good number of people are only getting in on the 8th and 9th, so the evening of the 10th is probably our best bet to meet up.

I'm staying at the Rosen Centre Hotel just across the street from the convention center. Does anyone know if it has a proper bar? The website says that its lobby lounge bar is "ideal for both quiet conversation with friends and colleagues or for solitary time and personal reflection" -- definitely not what we want.

I will be there for the duration, mostly at the Dive Rite booth but I will be making the rounds.

Nemo

Hi!

I've been enjoying Wet pixel since Eric invited me to check it out @ Dema (best tip in dismal Houston show).

I havn't participated as I've been a film luddite (aside from weighing in on salvage issue, once). Going to Dema to pu housing (finally!). Then I'll join the dialoge w/ gusto.

THanks,

Joe K

:)

Sure would be nice if we had a way to identify each other. How about some sort of symbol we can add to our name badges?

Anyone want to start a little earlier than 8:00 pm for happy hour? I've got another dinner that night but sure would like to get together and see some familiar faces. Dave? Jean? Kathy? Any takers?

Bonnie

Definitely earlier is OK by me. Since the show closes each night at 6 p.m.

dhaas

Anyone want to start a little earlier than 8:00 pm for happy hour? I've got another dinner that night but sure would like to get together and see some familiar faces. Dave? Jean? Kathy? Any takers?

Bonnie

I think we could be there a little earlier. We can warm the place up a bit!

Kathy

Sorry I will miss out on the gathering. I'm getting in on Tuesday evening but will be leaving Friday, early evening on the 10th. Hoist a R & C or two for me!!!

Hopefully, I will meet some of you on the floor during the day.

Steve B)

i'll be off line starting tomorrow, so if someone can drop by the Aquatica booth and tell me where and when, I'll appreciate.

See you all soon.

Hey, guys.

I will visit the show as well. Partly as a photographer and as a member of the ANDI Europe staff.

Is the Rosen Centre Hotel pool bar thing final? I would be very happy to meet some of you over there.

Hey guys. Well, there have been no suggestions for suitable venues near the convention center or hotel, so I've asked Matt to call the hotel to see where the best place to have drinks is. He'll post both here and one the front page after calling them.

Sorry for the late decision! I've been away for four weeks and will make it back to the states barely in time for DEMA. ;)

Here's their pool bar. It looks sort of small, but it might work, assuming it's open.

poolBar.jpg

argh. maybe there's a better place to meet, but this one is within walking distance of the convention center.

The lobby bar may be a better bet. In the worst case, check both locations. I'll try to wear the whale shark Wetpixel/Divester t-shirt, and hopefully some of the others will as well (we'll bring some to sell).

Folks, I'll be at the Peabody right across the way from the convention center.....perhaps it will be suitable. I am leaving Friday night but if folk want to change the party to Thursday that would be fine by me. I would love to meet so many of you. I am flying out early tomorrow morning.

Steve

Hey guys -

(updated as of Tuesday, Nov 7th)

As of right now, the meeting will be on Friday the 10th at 8PM at the Lobby Lounge Bar at the Rosen Centre Hotel (on 9840 International Drive), which seems to be all of a block or so from the convention center.

This is subject to change, but we'll be sure to post here and update the front page with the final decision.

Previously Eric mentioned the Rosen Center Hotel, this is a different hotel on the other side of the convention center from the Rosen Plaza (they look pretty similar). Just be sure you're specific which, the Rosen Center or Rosen Plaza

Hey guys -

As of right now, the meeting will be on Friday the 10th at 8PM at the Lobby Lounge Bar at the Rosen Plaza Hotel (on 9700 International Drive), which seems to be all of a block or so from the convention center.

This is subject to change, but we'll be sure to post here and update the front page with the final decision.

I am a DEMA virgin, but will be jumping into the event with virginal glee. Can't wait to meet everybody. At the Wetpixel party, I'll be wearing a Wetpixel/Divester shirt, for easy identification.

post-5173-1162904529_thumb.jpg

FYI...

Randy and I flew into Orlando this morning, it is very cloudy and there are occasional light sprinkles. Hopefully it will clear up as the week goes by, but we might stick to an indoor bar.

Kathy

Hey guys. Well, there have been no suggestions for suitable venues near the convention center or hotel, so I've asked Matt to call the hotel to see where the best place to have drinks is. He'll post both here and one the front page after calling them.

Sorry for the late decision! I've been away for four weeks and will make it back to the states barely in time for DEMA. ;)

Here's their pool bar. It looks sort of small, but it might work, assuming it's open.

argh. maybe there's a better place to meet, but this one is within walking distance of the convention center.

The lobby bar may be a better bet. In the worst case, check both locations. I'll try to wear the whale shark Wetpixel/Divester t-shirt, and hopefully some of the others will as well (we'll bring some to sell).

Edited by kathymm

Wetpixel T-shirt and just in time for Xmas. Eric, I knew you were wondering what to get me. ;)

Have a good time guys, wish I could make it down there one year. Maybe I need to plan it ahead of time.

Cheers

Todd

FYI...

Randy and I flew into Orlando this morning, it is very cloudy and there are occasional light sprinkles. Hopefully it will clear up as the week goes by, but we might stick to an indoor bar.

Kathy

The weather is supposed to clear up after today and be beautiful during the actual show -- upper 70s to the low 80s.

Sponsors

Advertisements