Sign in to follow this  
dragan

Ikelite DS-200 vs. Inon Z-240

Hi,

I am about to buy one of those strobes for my new setup. On the paper they have same GN 24 and 100 degrees coverage. I would like to know if anyone has compared those two to verify it. This would help me evaluate other features such as weight, batteries, recycle time etc. I do not want to start strobe holy war, just being curios.

Many thanks.

Hi,

I am about to buy one of those strobes for my new setup. On the paper they have same GN 24 and 100 degrees coverage. I would like to know if anyone has compared those two to verify it. This would help me evaluate other features such as weight, batteries, recycle time etc. I do not want to start strobe holy war, just being curios.

Many thanks.

DS200 GN is 38....this is a very large and very powerful strobe....much larger than the Inon

Hi Dragan,

Here's a photo of my rig set up with one Z220 (same size as Z240) and one Ikelite 200. It's a good photo to give you an idea of the size differences.

IMG_3417.jpg

The Ike is a much more powerful and wider beamed strobe than the Inon. I prefer the Inons for macro and fish photography, and the Ikes for wide angle.

Cheers

James

DS200 GN is 38....this is a very large and very powerful strobe....much larger than the Inon

Both strobes nominally have metric GN 24 in air. 38 is imperial GN UW.

Guide numbers can be really deceiving. The GN's may be the same in the middle, but the Ike puts out that amount of light over a much larger area. The Ike puts out 200 watt-seconds of power, I'm guessing the Inon puts out something like 100 or 125.

Cheers

James

Hi Dragan,

Here's a photo of my rig set up with one Z220 (same size as Z240) and one Ikelite 200. It's a good photo to give you an idea of the size differences.

The Ike is a much more powerful and wider beamed strobe than the Inon. I prefer the Inons for macro and fish photography, and the Ikes for wide angle.

Cheers

James

This is exactly what puzzled me. Nominally they have same angle and GN, but one is half size. There must be a catch somewhere.

Thanks.

This is exactly what puzzled me. Nominally they have same angle and GN, but one is half size. There must be a catch somewhere.

Thanks.

Don't believe everything you read....the INON can't compare with the DS200 power and spread

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements