cdoyal

Teleconverter use with Nikkor 60?

I use a 60 on my D200 and Fuji S2 and love it. Has anyone used a teleconverter with one? I'm considering using this option until my bank account gets replenished and I can buy a 105 macro.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by cdoyal

I use a 60 on my D200 and Fuji S2 and love it. Has anyone used a teleconverter with one? I'm considering using this option until my bank account gets replenished and I can buy a 105 macro.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

On my last trip to N. Sulawesi I used my 60mm with a Kenko 2X TC on several dives. Here are acouple of the shots I got.

NS06Nudi11.jpg

NS06Nudi01.jpg

Dave

I regularly use the 60mm with a 2x TC, either to get higher magnification or greater working distance. The setup works well, but it does slow down the AF a fair bit. Also, shooting in less than optimal light becomes rather difficult.

I regularly use the 60mm with a 2x TC, either to get higher magnification or greater working distance. The setup works well, but it does slow down the AF a fair bit. Also, shooting in less than optimal light becomes rather difficult.

Is depth of field affected at all or is it about the same as you would expect from a 120mm macro?

It's hard to judge, as depth of field is pretty small for high magnification shots in any case (with or witout TC). In theory, I suppose it is. Here's a quick sample of what you can expect. The eyes are sharp, and that's all you need :)

post-4904-1159797966_thumb.jpg

Another question regarding this issue: Whats Ikelite's ports can be use with the 60 MM and the kenko X2 & X3 teleconverters?

According to the specs:

Nikon 60 mm length = 2.9"

Kenko X2 length = 1.7"

Kenko X3 length = 2.6"

60 mm + X2 = 4.6'', Ike's port #5505.45 or #5506.5

60 mm + X3 = 5.5'', Ike's port #5505.5 or #5506.5

All this numbers are from B&H and Ikelite sites and good in theory, anyone can confirm of decline it?

See my post in classifieds. I am selling everything you need for a great super macro system. I just upgraded to the AFS VR 105, so I need to replace all this stuff. Lucky me!

Sponsors

Advertisements