Sign in to follow this  
downunder

Avid Liquid 7

Has anyone used or got liquid 7 and used it for HVD underwater editing. I am looking at a few programs for editing and this one looks quite good however i want to know if is good for what we need for underwater editing and correcting. B)

Cannot help you out with Liquid 7 but I am right now doing a review on Canopus and their Edius 4.

It can not only colour correct and do slo mo in real time with HDV but you can have variable control over these.

It converts the HDV to a special Canopus HQ codec in real time as it comes in from the camera which makes it real easy to edit.

Here is a link to a clip I posted

Edius Slow mo and CC

Should have the review done this week.

Hi DownUnder,

I use Avid Liquid Edition 7 and Liquid Chrome HD. The only difference between them are the I/O options. HD-SDI in and out.

I use it for all my editing. HDV and DV. It has tons of cool filters and color correction. You can do spot color correction. Change the color of a fish and as the filters will follow that chroma around. A very neat feature. Tons of other goodies in it.

It does require a a good video card. 128mb ram. 256mb ram would be highly recommended. I edit from my laptop, Thinkpad T60 Dual Core 2.2ghz.

Avid Liquid also has a cool DVD menu system and good performance in DVD burning. HDV to DVD works great.

http://www.avid.com/products/liquidpro/

Click on demo.

Curtis

Hi Curtis

Sounds like a good one as well.

You can follow the fish around with Edius as well.

Im downloading the trial now to see how it goes. Over 1 GIG..funny..

Does it convert the m2t to another codec for easy editing?

Cheers

Well Im back :D:D

Downloaded the AVID demo 1.20 GIG file and installed it on my 3 GIG PC with 2 GIGS ram and 128 megs graphic ports.

Opened up a projct under HDV 1080i, dropped a m2t file on the timline and hit play. There was sound, there was timeline movement but the video pic did not move. Same if I scrubbed the timeline.

Next I dropped a mini DV file in the timeline and after some time it decided to let me play it. But same as above.

Then I closed the program which took many minutes to shut down? A terminte sign appeared and I clicked on it after some time and it finally went away..

Next I went to windows uninstall and it's gone :)

Next I fied up EDIUS, dropped a m2t + Canopus HQ + a DV clip on the timline and away it played instantly in real time?

Was I doing something wrong or was my computer just not fast enough?

I just tried it as well and didn't have an issue. Can you send me a sample of your m2t file and I'll try it on my system?

Thanks,

Curtis

Curtis

I will give it another go in a day or two and see how I go. Maybe it did not install correctly or something. It's like 1 GIG in size.

EDIT...

Well one last go before I hit the sack.

Loaded it all up from stratch again.

It did exact as my last post.

No overlay to my TV

Would not even play DV?

Tried a few m2t clips.

I can scrub the clips but they just don't play, you can hear the sound playing.

Took forever to close?? Something going on there.

My system runs Prem 1.5 & 2 and EDIUS no problems over the twin screens and overlay to the TV.

Anyhow its gone now....

I just confirmed with support, Avid Liquid needs to import the .m2t file. This will then be converted to .m2v and .wav file. This is only when importing a HDV file from another capture source.

If you use the built in capture function, you should not have any problems.

Curtis

Curtis, so that could explain it then.

So it converts the DV and HDV to it's own codec as it come in.

Wonder why it took forever to close down? Maybe the files I dumped to it corrupted the program.

Will have another go later on.

Curtis, so that could explain it then.

So it converts the DV and HDV to it's own codec as it come in.

Wonder why it took forever to close down? Maybe the files I dumped to it corrupted the program.

Will have another go later on.

Yes, It converts DV and HDV into a Avid Liquid format. It will take a little while to render, as noticed by the Sigma Icon on the lower task bar. I did notice that not all files can be imported.

See if you can do a few sample captures with your HDV deck into the system. See if you can playback it.

The shutdown process is a pain as it has to dump everything in memory. Avid Liquid uses the GPU and CPU together for all effects and playback. When working on a large project, ie wedding, it can take 30 secs to shutdown.

I use Liquid Chrome HD with HD-SDI in/out, which is the same software but different I/O options.

Curtis

btw, I work for Avid Broadcast ;)

Well there you go Curtis, you should indeed know all about it. What do you do there?

I'll have another go at it then. Have to load it up though.

It took like a couple minutes to shut down with me.

Stay tuned.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements