NWDiver

If you like sharks...

Not bad - shots got better as the show went on, conditions did too - funny how that works together - awesome shark video footage at night felt like you were right there.

Very cool slide show. Looks like a great trip.

My 13 month old son watched the whole thing with a smile on his face. I think I've found something better than Baby Einstein. Thanks!!! ;)

John

Happy to help junior become another shark fan.

It was a great trip but as I said in a previous post I really struggled with the photography. It really showed me I have a lot to learn. We will go again but maybe during the dry season.

Edited by NWDiver

Hi Martin,

Fine slideshow, have to say that the stills did more for me than the video.

The industrial collection of white tip's must have been something to be involved in. Were they attracted in by your lights or is it a usual haunt ?

Conditions in the water look a little challenging and at times the vis did not look so good, how did the vis compare to say the Red Sea ?

Loved the soundtrack, who and what is the first one ? would like to hear more of that - care to suggest a couple of album names for me ?

Off to Djubouti on Tuesday - may see a whale shark of my own !

Thanks again,

Paul C

Don't know if there is a Mac plug will have to dig around Photodex's site.

The dive ops found the white tips hunting like this. But they think the lights have attracted more sharks to the hunt. They do ask you not to train your lights on the reef fish causing them to freeze up and become a meal. They even work with the other ops to limit the number of dives in this area to try to not wipe out the prey animals.

Have yet to dive the Red Sea. We went during the rainy season and had significant rain on most days. Conditions varied from 20ft viz to 80ft I would say it averaged a hazy 40'-50ft. I found it challenging for photograpy. Check my website for a full trip report and more photos.

Music: I typically surf around the iTunes "sound track" section.

Song 1: Gnarls Barkly; Crazy

Song 2: Over the Hedge soundtrack; Lets call it Steve, movie cartoon

Song 3: Pete Droge; Under the Waves

Song 4: As the Rush Comes; Motorcycle

Song 5: Mallues Malleficarum; Da Vinci Code Soundtrack

Song 6: Breath; Blue Stone

Have a great trip!

Edited by NWDiver

Sponsors

Advertisements