Sign in to follow this  
tovy

Where to go for great diving over New Years Day?

I have been told that it is not ideal to dive the Red Sea during the winter, so I need a recommendation outside the Caribbean for a dive vacation over the New Years holiday. After diving in Sharm this past summer I don't want to return to the Caribbean. The Red Sea was marvelous. Is there a place comparable to the Red Sea that has great diving during late December? Is the winter a good time to go to Wakatobi? Can you recommend a specific resort or liveaboard? Price does not play an important role in my choice.

Thanks, John

Australia GBR .. it's summer there !

or anysouthern pacific place .. then again .. anything in the tropics stands a chance of being nice during winter or summer !

All depends on how far you want to travel really.

the similan islands in thailand are very nice over the new year's period, though it is getting a bit late maybe to book the better liveaboards for that period.

/paul

North Korea.....they have a new dive site called Hole In The Ground. ;)

North Korea.....they have a new dive site called Hole In The Ground. ;)

with three eyed fish, like the Simpson´s :P

I just got back from Sudan and had a really memorable trip there... although the shark action was minimal, due to warmer seas (ca. 31 degrees down to about 40m). Apparantly later in the year the sharks come up onto the reefs as the water cools... December may be a great time of year for Sudan then (although I hear the sweet spot is in Feb.)

The only down side is that it's rather a difficult spot to get to, having to fly over Cairo, spending a night there on the way in and out.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements