Sign in to follow this  
Style

Problem with sync cord, Nicon D70 ikelite housing and DS-125 Strobe

Hi! Just bought my first SLR and uv-housing for it, a Nikon D70, a Ikelite Housing and a DS-125 storbe. So today I was off to do my first dive with it, a small wreck in Stockholm, Sweden. Last night when I assembled the gear i had some problem with it, sometimes the sync cord connection on the camera didnt seem to fit and tha camera didnt get any connection with the strobe. In stead it tried to open the built in strobe but it was unable due to the housing. Becouse of that the camera cant open up the flash completely it doesnt take any image. As this is my first SLR and I just bought it I only use the Auto mode for now. The camera does focus and apply all other settings but it wont take a photo.

I didnt buy the stuff new but from another diver here in stockholm and he told me that he had cut off one of the corners from the connecter on the cable and was told to do so by Ikelite. Becouse of this problem I couldnt take any photos on neither of the two dives today, very sadly becouse I had alot of great moment with some nice fishes, sponges and so on.

I really dont want to have this problem again so I wonder if there is some1 els who have had this problem and came up with a solution for it.

ok, this was damn fucking odd, this morning when I was checking the camera it took photos, I havent touched the cable or even opend up the housing. Strange...

The housing is with ITTl

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements