CamDiver

Letting the Cat outta the Bag

Ye Mark, I was there last night reading all that. The screen grabs were amazing...you will have to make sure the lens is super perfect and clean for underwater use as the slightest spec would show up.

I tried to update FLASH on the old Powerbook G4 today...nope..so I turned it back off and put it back in the cubboard.

I guess they may make a way to edit with proxies and then switch to the Redcode files for rendering.

This is how I'm working in Vegas on my crappy old laptop with DV files, using Gearshift to switch back to HDV if I need to.

Unless you have some masochistic attraction to editing, getting someone else to do it is the way to go if you can swing it. What a dream! I just love those jobs where I hand over the tape, take the money and exit stage left.

"Unless you have some masochistic attraction to editing, getting someone else to do it is the way to go if you can swing it. What a dream! I just love those jobs where I hand over the tape, take the money and exit stage left"

Nick, I wish it were that easy. The whole idea, project and concept is something I've had running around for a few years in my list of ambitions. It will be an opus filming stint broken up into stages and lasting a few years basically. The time outs will be used to check footage and collate the core elements of footage into a collecting and storage facility for compilation of the final product. The producing entity will be working with an interest in the final theatrical revenues and a share in the stock value so its something they also have to have faith in.

These kind of things have been done many times, its all about trying to find a new angle. Witout going into details (I gotta at least keep some secrets) I think we have found that. Time will tell.

Cheers,

Mark.

I didn't mean I was comparing those shooting-only jobs that I've done with your major project which is obviously much bigger and more complex and something you're passionate about and want to be close to throughout it's production. I was just imagining how nice it would be to work with pro editors on a project and not shoulder the whole editing burden alone as well as shooting the footage.

Hey Nick,

I know what you're on about mate. It will certainly be a voyage of discovery full of hopefully good experiences and a massive learning curve to boot.

I'll keep you all posted as to the project. There are some shot lists in the prepping so I may even be calling on the guys here seeing as you're located in some of the potential shooting locations. Nothing like insider knowledge when it comes to shooting specifics in different locations.

Cheers,

Mark.

Sponsors

Advertisements