Lionfish43

More from Fiji

Here's a couple of shots that I didn't include in my gallery. No little diver w/light here, although, I did shoot plenty of those. The first shot is with the Nikon 16mm 3.5. This is the older AIS version and you can't change f stop or focus without a focus gear (which I don't have) so I shot everything at f11 and prefocused at 1.25ft. I was very happy with the results and some of my best shots were with this lens.

f007.jpg

The second is with the 10.mm and converted to B&W. Both shots with the D200/Aquatica

f006.jpg

Larry

I love that first shot.

Once we have our stuff set up over here, we would love to buy a print off you to frame.

Larry

I love that first shot.

Once we have our stuff set up over here, we would love to buy a print off you to frame.

Thanks Wags, I'm glad you liked it. Just drop me a personal e-mail if you need anything. I'm looking at getting an Epson R2400 so I can start doing more of my own printing.

Here's the little diver w/light version of the same shot. Not sure which one I prefer. Same setup: D200/Aquatica, 16mm 3.5 preset to F11 and 1.25ft. SB105's

f008.jpg

Great pics Larry. I like the photo with diver even more then the one without.... There is more of that lovely blue in the picture (filling about a third of the frame) giving a bit more foreground-background balance, whilst sacrificing only a little of the eye-catching pink coral. Your diver is nicely positioned and definitely adds more to the picture.

Luverly!

Mark

Beautiful colours. I like the first one. But then I'm not concerned with having divers in every reef shot. Possibly for tourist brochures and activity shots diver's are OK. In my opinion, compared to the beauty of that reef, the diver is only an ugly distraction. Wetsuited humans are hardly beautiful.

I have no problem, I like it with and without the diver, impressive colors there.

Yeah I'm with Arnon - both are superb. Really great lighting too Larry. Looks like an awesome location.

Sponsors

Advertisements