Sign in to follow this  
FatFish

HDV Clip from Utila

Hi there,

finally worked out the youtube thing and got one of my movies on it.

It was recorded on my A1E in a gates housing, and I rather enjoyed it.

Check it out.

Dan.

Embedded by Moderator

Hi there,

finally worked out the youtube thing and got one of my movies on it.

It was recorded on my A1E in a gates housing, and I rather enjoyed it.

Check it out.

Dan.

Embedded by Moderator

Nice vid. I'm impressed by the lack of camera shake in the shots (something that ruins all too many of mine)

Edited by limeyx

Yeah Nice...

I'm a fan of Massive attack and the opening sequences are great but I feel it drops when the singing starts. A bit to up-tempo..Have you tried it with 'teardrop' Another fantastic song..

How do you like the Gates housing..As an A1 owner I'm interested :guiness:

Dive safe

DeanB

Yeah, tear drops a nice one to. I've used taht one some other stuff Ive done.

The gates housing is real nice. I was using a sony marine pack before for a trv900, and the difference is huge. The quality of the Gates and attention to detail is far superior. I got mine with the white balance but the only problem with that is that its a touch screen WB so you have the display 'On' all the time which can make focusing and seeing past it difficult. I generally stick to bright sunlight WB as this has been giving me the better colours then fiddling with them on Premiere. So the problem there is more with the camera than housing. Im looking at getting the external monitor soon but didnt have the cash to begin with. Ill go for the 4" one, more cash but will be easier to pull proper focus with. I'll see what Santa brings!!!

The lens for the Gates is fantastic, I use the Fathom WP25 and am very impressed. Basically Im very happy with it and glad I bought it.

Dan.

Thats what I like to hear..

How do you find the manual controls over electronic ?? I've heard they take getting used to.

Cheers

Dive safe

DeanB

I didnt have much trouble, you can move the handle back and forth so that it is comfortable for you to reach the controls. My wife has smaller hands so if she uses it we just move the handles. Also I started out with an Ikelite housing which was manual so Im already used to it. There is a big difference between the ikelite and the gates though. The Gates has springs on the inside so that you dont crush the camera controls if you get too carried away. Kind of acts as suspension for the buttons. Nice touch.

Electronic controls are cool, but if your somewhere remote, like me in honduras, your screwed if the thing breaks, whereas with manual controls you can always rig it with sticky tape and gum.

Dan

Great video Dan. So jealous of those dolphins. Would love to get close to them underwater.

Talking of monitors, don't forget the 16:9 monitor that Gates just announced at Dema. Don't know if it works with your setup but would be a shame to get the older 4:3 4" version if there's now a better option or you.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements