JennyHuang

D200--Lembeh Strait

;) Hi,

Here are my photos from Lembeh Strait in 6th~13th Nov.

All taken by D200 with Nikkor macro 105mm vr lens.

Thanks for your viewing and comments.

Slideshow Link

Best Regards,

A girl from Taiwan--Jenny :guiness:

Beautiful stuff, Jenny! I'm headed for Lembeh next week, and would be lucky to get half as many good shots as you did!

Your gallery proves that: 1. you don't need 12 different lenses and diopters to do excellent macro photography; and 2. filling the frame with your subject can produce really dramatic images.

You should be extremely proud of how much character your shots bring out in your subjects (or endow your subjects with).

Jenny... welcome to WP

You have some fantastic stuff there! Great colours and composition. Can't believe how many ghost pipes you got! i am jealous

I had to forego the slideshow and just looked at the Lembeh Set. You have some great shots in your other sets as well,

Taiwan eh? just down the road.... looks like you have been everywere around the region.. except here!! tsk tsk... :guiness:

Jenny,

Lovely photos!! You really show "personality" in your captures here.

Jenny do you find the d200 in the Nexus housing is neutral with the 105vr and those Inon 240zs. I'm having lots of trouble getting my Subal d200 neutral enough to be comfortable to use, I even got rid of the heavy Inons to help but it is still too negative.

I wonder if the d200 in Nexus is lighter underwater? Can you shoot the Nexus/105vr with one hand?

Any information you would have would be most helpful.

Again, your photos are wonderful with a different perspective than a lot of others. Nice colors for backgrounds too. Do you leave the vr on while diving?

Regards and much thanks,

Carol :guiness:

I'm headed for Lembeh next week, and would be lucky to get half as many good shots as you did!

:guiness: Thanks for this great comments Bruce!! Wainting for your fantastic photos here!!

All the best,

Jenny

;)

Jenny... welcome to WP

You have some fantastic stuff there! Great colours and composition. Can't believe how many ghost pipes you got! i am jealous

I had to forego the slideshow and just looked at the Lembeh Set. You have some great shots in your other sets as well,

Taiwan eh? just down the road.... looks like you have been everywere around the region.. except here!! tsk tsk... :P

Hi Mike,thanks for your great encouragement!!

I have joined this forum for 1 year when i sterted u/w photography.

I always enjoy studying the article from you and Alex. It is very useful for a newbie. :guiness::D

Beacuse my poor English....this is my first time post photos. ;)

;):);) I live in the place where is sooo close to this diving heaven...I am very lucky!!

Cheers,

Jenny,

Lovely photos!! You really show "personality" in your captures here.

Jenny do you find the d200 in the Nexus housing is neutral with the 105vr and those Inon 240zs. I'm having lots of trouble getting my Subal d200 neutral enough to be comfortable to use, I even got rid of the heavy Inons to help but it is still too negative.

I wonder if the d200 in Nexus is lighter underwater? Can you shoot the Nexus/105vr with one hand?

Any information you would have would be most helpful.

Again, your photos are wonderful with a different perspective than a lot of others. Nice colors for backgrounds too. Do you leave the vr on while diving?

Regards and much thanks,

Carol ;)

Hi Carol,

:guiness: Nice to meet you. Glad we have the same equipments. I used the Nexus housing with SB800(Subal housing) and INON Z240 strobe. This is my second time to take 105mmvr lens underwater.

I did not add any equipments to keep neutral..

and i always took all of them in one hand during the whole dive time.(60~70 minutes) :D:P

Now I still can feel the pain in my right hand and thumb. ;)

Sometimes i put my camrea on the sand to reduce the weights when shoting shrimps and crabs ;)

Yes..I leave the vr on while diving. I try to take the speed in 1/25 and 1/30 for black ornate ghostpipefish to get green-blue water background. The result is good.

Cheers, :) .

...I try to take the speed in 1/25 and 1/30 for black ornate ghostpipefish to get green-blue water background. The result is good.

Yes, Jenny, the result is good! Did you use your Z-240 strobes on full power most of the time?

Jenny,

Superb pic you have there. Admire the sharpness that the pictures turned out!

Looking forward to seeing more pics from you.

Edited by I-NSC

Yes, Jenny, the result is good! Did you use your Z-240 strobes on full power most of the time?

Thanks Bruce! :)

I used Z240 on "Low" Power and SB800 with manul model (1/2 or 1/3) during whole dive.

The dive sites Jahir, hairball, hairball too,TK1 2 3, there are many special critters.

Thanks DuikKee and I-NSC for your comments.

Cheers,

Great 1st post!! Every time I see new pics from Lembeh I get excited-and we aren't going for another year.

I've long been an secret admirer of your work on flickr Jenny :)

Very pleased to see you over here too.

Fantastic set from Lembeh and really looking forward to seeing more of your stuff soon.

Thanks for sharing.

watch what you say Anthony... the wife is reading..... :)

I've long been an secret admirer of your work on flickr Jenny :)

:) Thanks Anthony!!

I have visited your website,the photos right there are stunning!!!!

Mike, :glare: I know where i can find you.

Manta Ray Bay Hotel....It is very close to Taiwan...

Edited by JennyHuang

Mike, :glare: I know where i can find you.

Manta Ray Bay Hotel....It is very close to Taiwan...

:) B)

Uh oh, i am in trouble again...

But...

You are missing some mantas in your portfolio.... :) so come on over

Jenny,

Very nice photo set.

Rinjani

But...

You are missing some mantas in your portfolio....

Jenny, i am sure you will be able to add some amazing Manta & Whaleshark stuff after the trip in January :)

:) Thanks Anthony!!

I have visited your website,the photos right there are stunning!!!!

Ahhh :) Thankyou very much. I think I have a way to go to approach your underwater skills. :D

Jenny,

Absolutely fabulous pictures, great composition and stunning colors.

What was the vis like when you were there? did you have the same dive guide the whole trip? Who was your dive guide.

So enjoyed watching the slide show.

Thanks for sharing

Terry

What was the vis like when you were there? did you have the same dive guide the whole trip? Who was your dive guide.

Hi Terry,

Thanks for your great words!!!! :)

I have the same dive guide in whole 16 dives of Lembeh Resort. His name is Andy.

( I also stayed with Abner on the same boat..he is the most excellent leader of whole team!)

The vis. is about 5m. ;) Especially it was rainy in the afternoon everyday.

However...I think it is OK for muck diving. More murky,more small stuffs... :):D:)

Cheers,

Thanks mtnman,Rinjani and Patrick!

Jenny

Edited by JennyHuang

Congratsulations with this series! I like your pictures a lot.

Jenny,

Yes Andy is a great guide. Do you remember what site you had the Harlequin shrimp at? They were not

there last year when we were there.

5m is good vis, your pictures show that. We had about 1 m with lots of junk in the water and with a 105 if you were not right on top of the photo all that junk showed up. Not referring to backscatter; but haziness and big pieces in the pictures.

Again, really enjoyed your series.

Terry

Jenny,

Yes Andy is a great guide. Do you remember what site you had the Harlequin shrimp at? They were not

there last year when we were there.

5m is good vis, your pictures show that. We had about 1 m with lots of junk in the water and with a 105 if you were not right on top of the photo all that junk showed up. Not referring to backscatter; but haziness and big pieces in the pictures.

Again, really enjoyed your series.

Terry

if they are the same ones i saw in september then they are at polis pier on a rock that is quite shallow. there was a pair of them :) cute as buttons i thought

jenny i really enjoyed your images, they brought me back to LR :)

Edited by 3@5

Sponsors

Advertisements