davephdv

Dec 16 , and 17th on board the Conception

I'll be on this boat - hopefully we'll make it to San Miguel or Santa Rosa. December usually brings the best visibility for Southern California...

I'd join you guys but that's the weekend I do my Christmas shopping. :)

If I'm done by then and the water is good, I might jump on last minute.

Hey! I'm going on the Vision, which is another of "Truth's" boats on Sunday, 26th. Anyone else going to be there?? We are bound for the more northern of the North Channel Islands. I'm guessing Santa Barbara or Santa Rosa. I think the boat is already fully booked as of last week. Hope to see or meet some wetpixelers there!

Matt/Dave,

I'm signed up for that trip now. see you guys then.

I just got back yesterday from our trip Sunday. The plan was to be on the Vision to Santa Rosa or San Miguel. We ended up on the Conception to the south side of Santa Cruz. Kind of a let down after trying to sleep below decks for the trip out there. The Vision broke down and the Captain, Tony, said the weather was still too rough to get to the northern islands. I'll post some picts if any came out! The vis was exceptional! 50-60+ ft. depending on how far you could get from the people with not-so-good buoyancy :)

I hope all of you have better luck getting to the other islands. It might still be hit or miss.

It might still be hit or miss.

It's always hit or miss :(

Here's to hoping that the 32-36ft+ swell calms down by the weekend ;)

sb_channel36ft.gif

It wasn't terribly bad this weekend. Even the ride back home yesterday from Santa Cruz Island was only 4 foot swell chopped up to 6-7 feet. It was supposed to be 15 foot.

The viz dropped from great one week ago to about 20 feet on Friday.

I ripped my drysuite neck seal this weekend, so I dropped out of this trip.

Hope you guys have fun. I have a dinner party, otherwise I'd drop by the boat and see you guys off.

Edited by wchen

I ripped my drysuite neck seal this weekend, so I dropped out of this trip.

Got the call a few minutes ago...canceled due to worsening weather conditions and people dropping out.

That's it...it's Will's fault ;):blink:

Same call. Will make Will pay for screwing this up. I don't believe all that crap about a 15 ft swell coming in.

Sponsors

Advertisements