Kelpfish

Need some pictures

Hi folks,

I have been really busy for the last three months and haven't been on Wetpixel hardly at all. I'm afraid to hit "new posts" because I know how many pages and how much time I'll spend reviewing. One project I am working on is for, you guessed it, non profit. I am volunteering thousands of dollars of my time and photo capabilities to develop a DVD of how to raise a service dog. I am helping the local California chapter raise money so they can continue to raise these special dogs for the handicapped. I was a bit taken when I went on my first tour of their training facility and realized at that time how costly it is to raise a dog. I know this is way off topic but I think this group is solid and totally get's it, the fact that I need some help as a fellow UW photographer. Part of my knowledge base show I am building is the puppy stage and dog character. That being said, I am in need of cute pictures of labs, golden retrievers and poodles in both puppy stage and adolesent. I recall one member here posting a picture of his dog drinking pool water and he shot it from under the water. That would be a cool pic to use. Rateher than consume Wetpixel space, you can email the pictures to me at joediver@earthlink.net. The file size I need is 1200 in the long end at 96 PPI (JPEG). And as usual, this isn't for pay...I'm not even getting paid, but I do need 20-30 images of these dogs. Believe it or not this group has a ton of images that are out of focus, very crappy resolution, and all with a point and shoot they don't know how to use. Thus, I need good, crisp images (cute and emotional) taken by experienced photographers and I'm sure the family of Wetpixel has a lot of dogs they take pics of:) :)

If you have any good shots you'd like to donate please email them to me. I went to a service dog graduation last Saturday and I have posted some shots for you to connect with. The little blond girl is quazi famous as she has been highlighted on TV several times for her good attitude and adaptability to mobility when off of her wheelchair. She got her first service dog on Saturday. This is basically where the person who raises the dog gives it up to the needy.....pretty emotional stuff.

Thanks in advance for your help and, Eric, I apologize for using Wetpixel as a resource for this.

Joe Belanger

post-1513-1164028620_thumb.jpg

post-1513-1164028635_thumb.jpg

post-1513-1164028648_thumb.jpg

post-1513-1164028664_thumb.jpg

post-1513-1164028680_thumb.jpg

Sorry Joe - don't have a dog at the moment - although we would love one.

Excellent work you are doing there - much kudos!

Hopefully others can be more helpful.

I'm the guy with the lab drinking from the pool shot. I have two 10 year old labs, and a couple of million pictures of them. Id be happy to donate anything of use to you. Im in la ,ca

Thank you a bundle, Mr. Bubbles. Out of the couple of million, I'll take 20-30 of your finest, most emotional cutsie images. If you could, send me some via my email at joediver@earthlink.net. Puppy shots of several compositions and, of course as they are growing up. I really appreciate it. Let me know if email works for you.

Thank you.

Joe Belanger

Joe,

I have lots of dog pictures from several years of the Santa Barbara Big Dog Parade. they probably won't work, but fun to look at:

http://www.pbase.com/wychen/sbbigdog2005

http://www.pbase.com/wychen/bigdog04

http://www.pbase.com/wychen/big_dog_parade_2003

If for some reason you find something that can work just shoot me an email and I can dig up the high res files.

-- will

I'll email you some in the next few days. I also have a jack russell terrier with a bad attitude if you need that

Sorry, I guess a Pomeranian just doesn't fit the Service Dog definition, but if you need some of little dogs, let me know!

Hi Joe,

I just sent you a few pics of my lab pups to joediver@earthlink.net.

I was getting a email address warning so let me know if you don't get them.

Todd Winner

Hi Joe,

I just sent you a few pics of my lab pups to joediver@earthlink.net.

I was getting a email address warning so let me know if you don't get them.

Todd Winner

Todd,

Got em.

Thank you.

Joe

Sponsors

Advertisements