tkr

Where is the copyright symbol?

I almost feel too embarrased to ask this question but here goes -

Where on earth in photoshop do you find the symbol for a copyright? - you know - the circle with a C in it.

It's the sort of symbol you might want to plaster over your image along with your name if you consider your image is so valuable someone might want to nick it!

Thanks

Never be embarrassed to ask if you don't know-On a pc, while holding down the alt key press 0169 and it magically appears. :)

or... go to start->all programs->accessories->system tools->character map

that is where a lot of the common symbols are.

but xtremes method is quicker.. :)

And on a Mac type alt-g in most text programs. I assume this will also work in photoshop.

Cool Jon - didn't know that shortcut!

I love shortcuts :)

Nope- I just can't get ALT 0169 to do anything on my PC.

The only way I can get hold of this symbol is to open WORD -insert it as a symbol- and then copy and paste it in to the Text on photoshop. It's a bit tedious but at least I can get there.

on the PC, using the ALT 0169 method, you MUST use the number pad keys, NOT the ones on top of the keyboard. If you are using a laptop, then you have to switch on numlock and use the keys hidden within the "letter" section.

HTH.

Hah! One learns something every day. I've been copying the copyright symbol out of word files for years now. Thanks for the tip, not that I'll ever remember it. Alt-what?

Frogfish

See, it wasn't a lame question after all!

Excellent ! - many thanks Richorn. I never though the two sets of number keys were so different.

Thanks

Edited by tkr

That's a great resource Ryeish, thanks for posting! I always had to look around a lot for things like the Euro currency, but now I know where to find the shortcuts! :D

On Macs under the Edit menu is Special Characters, brings up all symbols etc

Sponsors

Advertisements