Sign in to follow this  
elbuzo

Which fish is this ?

I couldn't find this one on my fish I.D. book .

Looks a little like the arrow blenny from the caribbean . I found this one at Bangka in around 10-15 ft. of water.

I will appreciatte if someone could help me with the name.

Thanks

post-2893-1164521284_thumb.jpg

Looks like the long-snout clingfish Diademichthys lineatus. Often found among long-spines urchins (Diadema) which the genus is named after.

yep, i concur with leslie

Whenever I see these guys in crinoids (twice this month while I was in PNG) I get really excited and point them out to my fellow divers. I try to communicate telepathically: "look! they're supposed to be in urchins but this guy is in a crinoid! isn't that exciting!??!"

Usually, they don't get as excited as I. :)

Looks like the long-snout clingfish Diademichthys lineatus. Often found among long-spines urchins (Diadema) which the genus is named after.

Thanks

Eric,

That is just like me going all excited after a dive with some fellow rebreather types in shallow eel grass with us seeing razorfish...they thought the macro was boring and I was all amped....

Seeing one of those in an urchin and getting to video it would similarly be a highlight for me...

Why divers wouldn't find such cool is beyond me....funny though, while they're thinking we don't get it, we think they don't get it....lol

Edited by RebreatherDave

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements