Sign in to follow this  
scubanerd

Turning off the batteries?

I feel like a dumba$$ asking this, but how do I turn off the batteries on the Light & Motion battery packs? When I press the red button a small green IBGL (itty bitty green light) starts to blink on the battery pack, but I can't seem to shut them off without removing the battery. I have tried holding it, pressing it twice, etc.

All the lighting works properly and the controls toggle the lights on/off.

?

Ryan

What does the little green blinking LED mean?

(read the Light & Motion manual)

Batteries are basically a gas tank full of electrons (potential energy).

How do you turn off your gas tank? (You use potential energy. There's no way to turn it off.)

Ryan,

the L&M battery pods work so that the small green light starts blinking after you press the red button because it's signaling the handles on the housing that the lights can be turned on again via the laser beam coming frm the handles.

If your housing does not have the electronic handles, no worries, just let the blinkers flash. They'll stop automatically after 30 minutes of no use.

There's two types of flashing, based on the speed of the flashing:

1) Medium-speed flashing again means what I said above;

2) a fast blinking instead means the batteries have run out of juice and need to be recharged.

Notice that the "medium-speed" flashing will stop by itself if the batteries are not used while in the pods for about 30 minutes (to preserve the charge).

Thanks for the help nickdiver. My handles work properly, but I could find documentation anywhere on the blicking green lights.

I went back and checked my manual, and apparently I AM the dumbass I was referring to. It is right there on page 7.

:(

Hey Nick, didn't know (or forgot) about the 30 minute switch off. I just thought it was sort of random :( Thanks

By the way I like to charge my Sunray batteries fairly close to the dive. I seem to get more life out of them that way than if they've been left charged for a few days. But don't switch on when they're still warm if you can help it... that's a great way to blow the bulbs. The only bulb I've ever blown on mine in 4 years was when I took it straight off a fresh charge and switched it on highest setting.

EDIT: I'm talking about halogens here

One other tip...dont' switch your HID lights on/off quickly...bad for the bulbs. leave them on for a few mins before switching off again.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements