Sign in to follow this  
bobjarman

Nikon DX-D100 Sea & Sea outfit

The current bid is $1025. What do these retail for in the US?

Mark

The retail on the housing alone (no ports or focus / zoom gears) is around $1750-1800.

The fisheye dome is another $500-$700, the custom flat is about $375, each of the zoom gears is probably between $75-$100 or so. Can't say on the custom pieces, but I'd gather you're looking at over $3,000 USD of gear.

Rethinking your Titan and E10 now Mark??? :D

No, the Titan package is in the post. It should be with me any day now.

I just know that when I get out to play my other half will get to use it more than me. You could call it plan B. I may just prepare a late bid!!!

Mark

Hmmmm, there are many days when I'm glad my other half doesn't want a camera, I'm not sure I could afford it if she did. Or at least not afford it and still actually dive.

If the price doesn't go up too much, that's a damn good deal... Even if it goes to $2000 it's still pretty good.

If the price doesn't go up too much, that's a damn good deal...  Even if it goes to $2000 it's still pretty good.

I was thinking the same.

Whats the best price on a D100 in the US & where?

Since it seems that most active UW digi folks are members here you can always collaborate so you dont bid against each other and just share it. :D

In fact the latest bidder is a "Kasey**". I know there is a Kasey on this forum who shoots with an Oly/Tiatn setup too. Maybe its him & maybe he has also got a dose of the 'wife camera pinching blues'.

Thanks Tom. I see the best price seems to be $1649. :D Thats the same figure in UK£ over here !!! :angryfire:

I noticed that is almost a hard and fast rule when comparing the prices of lots of things, not just electronics, between the US and the UK. Last time I was over, it played hell with my expenses being a US based employee with $ limits for things like meals, when the cost is close to the same in UK #s (sorry, can't find the right symbol) as it would be in $. I definitely feel for you on this one. Too bad you don't have a courier to ferry stuff back and forth across the pond.

Too bad you don't have a courier to ferry stuff back and forth across the pond.

Oh but I do. Todd alias Yahsemtough. B)

He IS my DHL. I owe him a few pints by now.

In fact the latest bidder is a "Kasey**". I know there is a Kasey on this forum who shoots with an Oly/Tiatn setup too. Maybe its him

yeah its me...I'm not bidding aggressively on this, though. Anxious to see what's next at PMA

Not me.....I am back to film  :D

What did you use before? and why the change Bob?

BTW your web photos are fantastic.

Thanks Mark!

I have, in 5 years of diving gone from: (The Ultimate gearhead)

1: Motomarine II 6 months

2: Ikelite Elan IIe set up 2 years

3: Nikonos V 6 months

4: Canon G2 Powershot/Ikelite 1 year

5: Back to an Ikelite/canon A2 set up.

I shoot digital exclusively topside with a 1d, but I really dont want to house that camera, and since I only get to dive once a year I didn't want to spend another 3-5k or more on a digital SLR set up. I realize I didn't really give digital a fair shot, but I love Velvia underwater, I am comfortable shooting it, and its a lot cheaper to get into a older film system. :)

Only downside to it, is I can no longer enter the wetpixel contests! (Well plus dealing with that good old fashioned dust removal from scanned slides)

:D

Kasey, you had enough of the Oly setup?

I've been investigating an interchangeable lens system for several months - waiting to see what PMA has to offer, anyway. I'd really like to begin my investment into ports and lenses that will be with me for the long haul - regardless of which newer greater camera is coming to market.

I've also become extremely comfortable with the Titan and both accessory lenses - so I feel that a new system with different focal length lenses is the next challenging step. I also crave a better AF system - the E-20 can be frustrating!

I'm hoping for a D2 that will fit into the seacam housing - or I'll wait for seacam to bring the housing to market. I would think it'll be high on their list when it arrives. I think that camera, when it comes to be, will be of sufficient quality to satisfy my digital urges for at least 2 - 3 years.

In the meantime, I'd be happy with a D100, especially if I can pick up this housing at a great price.

Did you order accessory lenses for your Titan? I may have 'em up for sale soon.

Kasey

THis is the Third one to make it on ebay. The last one was for the D60 amd it close and sold for 900.00 No ports and never been wet.

WOW!!! You mean I really have a chance at this?!?! Guess its time to start shopping for a D100!

AWESOME

Kasey I wish I'd have known. I purchased the Titan package together with all the lenses!

Having said that I may be interested in you E20. Would you be prepared to sell?

Good chance, but since you bid so early it's going to cost you more. =( Talk to James he can tell you how to bid snipe. Thats how he got my Sync Cord =)

Guess its time to start shopping for a D100!

The chepaest I've seen this in the US is $1649. If you can find any cheaper let me know!

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements