Amber

Lens options for Olympus

Hi All,

I have been using my E-500 in a Ikelite housing with the kit lens for a while now (14-45mm), any thoughts on which other lenses are the must have ones?

Thanks in Advance

I love the 50 mm with the 1.4 telconverter and I also use the 8 mm. Check out my profile for my web site.

I love the 50 mm F/2 as well with and without the 1.4 teleconverter. The 8 mm F/3.5 fisheye and dome port is the least expensive way into wide angle. I prefer the 114 to 75 degree range of the more expensive 7 to 14 mm F/4 zoom which also requires a dome port extension tube and zoom gear. All of these Olympus lenses including the teleconverter are very high quality and weather sealed.

Phil Rudin

There are also 3rd party 4/3 lenses that's being launched soon.

I have the information somewhere and will post it over the weekend.

Merry Christmas to all!

Look for Sigma 4/3 macro lens as well.

The Sigma 105 F/2.8 macro is in stock in the U.S. already and Athena has already introduced a macro port, extension ring and gear for the Olympus 1.4 teleconverter. The port is for use with the Olympus housings for the E-300, E-330 and E-400 cameras.

http://www.four-thirds.org/en/products/macro.html#03

Phil Rudin

post-2618-1166974294_thumb.jpg

post-2618-1166974312_thumb.jpg

Edited by tropical1

I've got the Sigma 105mm in EF fit and I have to say I find its ergonomics annoying as hell. To switch between manual and AF, you need to flick the switch AND slide the focus ring forward/back. Doesn't sound too bad, but after you've accidentally slid the focus ring into the wrong position for the tenth time you realise it's dumb old design that needs putting out to pasture.

Martyn

Hi All,

I have been using my E-500 in a Ikelite housing with the kit lens for a while now (14-45mm), any thoughts on which other lenses are the must have ones?

Thanks in Advance

I would use the excellent 11-22 for UW. The ideal would be the 7-14, but I don't have that kind of money. The 8mm fisheye is also a good choice. I own the 14-54 and think it's the best all-round zoom lens I've ever used. It can focus very close and is very sharp.

Sponsors

Advertisements