Sign in to follow this  
jctrac

Canon WP-DC300 Add-on lenses/flash

I have read about add-on lenses, macro or 2x, for the Canon U/W enclosure. Does anyone know where to buy such lenses? Any links to a list of what is available? Also, is there any way to use an external flash with this U/W case?

Sea & Sea sells Adapters to attache the MMII Lenses (1:2 Macro, 1:3 Macro, 20 mm Wide and 16 mm Wide) to Canon Housings (WP-DC 100, 200, 300)

For an external flash, I use one Ikelite DS 125 with the manual strobe controller. It offers great wide angle coverage and has a modeling light built in. Adoroma has the complete package for the Canon housing and this link:

http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=deta...69&sku=IK397365

(copy and paste this link in your browser).

This package includes the TTL strobe controller. I had them switch it for the manual strobe controller (gives you ten flash levels, TTL is a gambling game as far as I am concerned, Ikelite tech support said that they could not garantee TTL would work for all the prefash consumer cameras).

Adoroma also sells a Sea & Sea lens adapter so that you can mount the Sea and Sea Motor Mairine IIEX 2:1 and 3:1 macro lens and the 16 and 20 mm wide angle lens on the canon housing. Available at this link:

http://www.adorama.com/refby.tpl?sku=SSCLAC300

A note about the Sea & Sea adapter for WPDC300 Housing.

I've been trying to get hold of one of these for a while (in the UK or US).

After contacting many companies - I was told that these had gone out of production. Mostly unhappy as I'd already ordered the 16mm Wide and 2x Macro Sea & Sea MMII lenses!

Out of desperation I phoned Sea & Sea - and they said that Yes - this had gone out of production - even though that casing could be used for the S45 - a new cam?! BUT (and here's the best bit!) due to massive feedback from all stockists (notice how they are all out of stock!), they would be re-starting production - hoorah! (Be available about mid march '03)

As a side note - for a great external strobe - check out the Sea & Sea YS25DX - good on budget, and a fibre optic cable specificly for this casing is available (this also totally blocks off the internal flash so no backscatter - and is removable if you want to take your cam out without strobe).

To get an idea what it looks like try - www.camerasunderwater.co.uk - even though it's pictured with another Canon housing.

And if your looking for a great tray arm combo for this and want to keeps costs down look at the fish eye tray set at www.underwaterdigital.net - the guy shipped one to the UK for me from the states :unsure:

Hope this helps,

Cola.

A note about the Sea & Sea adapter for WPDC300 Housing.

I've been trying to get hold of one of these for a while (in the UK or US).

After contacting many companies - I was told that these had gone out of production. Mostly unhappy as I'd already ordered the 16mm Wide and 2x Macro Sea & Sea MMII lenses!

Out of desperation I phoned Sea & Sea - and they said that Yes - this had gone out of production - even though that casing could be used for the S45 - a new cam?! BUT (and here's the best bit!) due to massive feedback from all stockists (notice how they are all out of stock!), they would be re-starting production - hoorah! (Be available about mid march '03)

Cola.

Cola - I just purchased one through B&H Photo!! www.bhphotovideo.com

They had to "special order" it, but it came in less than 2 weeks.

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements