Sign in to follow this  
SeaDogDiver

Aquatica D200 & TLC.....what strobe

I need to make a quick but thoughtful decision on a strobe. I am shooting a D200 in an Aquatica housing and have several sets of TLC arms from my Nikonos V days.

At this point I am considering either a YS-110 or an Inon Z-240. I would be greatful for some input and suggestions based on your experience.

Cheers,

Sieg

Edited by SeaDogDiver

You could just use your old strobes by manually adjusting power, using diffusers, and/or adjusting strobe-to-subject distance.

To do iTTL/eTTL, you need the optional iTTL converter board _and_ a new digital strobe.

Take Care,

ChrisS

what strobes do you have from the Nik V days? Those will work fine.

If you are thinking of just getting some new ones i would suggest the Inon 240s or Ike 125s

what strobes do you have from the Nik V days? Those will work fine.

If you are thinking of just getting some new ones i would suggest the Inon 240s or Ike 125s

I still have an SB-105 in my kit.

SB 105 works a charm. You can find used ones for sale really cheap these days too. 4 power settings, 8 with diffusers, quick recharge with hi end NiMH batteries.

Light, and they even float!

I would try to find a second one and keep using those

I agree with the others. Get a second SB105. I'm using SB105's with my A200 and they work fine. They're very reliable, have a pleasing color temp and plenty of power. A pair of them will give you adequate coverage for even the widest lenses.

Until someone comes along with a viable iTTL option (iTTL built into the strobe for a reasonable price) I'll be sticking with mine.

Until someone comes along with a viable iTTL option (iTTL built into the strobe for a reasonable price) I'll be sticking with mine.

I personally don't understand why placing the ittl electronics inside the strobe vs a converter is a problem. It does streamline the system, but then there is the possibility of building one into the housing that solves that problem as well. After testing the sea&sea and the heinrich converters with Inon z240 strobes I'm convinced that it will work flawlessly for 95+ of my pictures the rest is easy to dial in manually...

Espen :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements