Sign in to follow this  
Notorious

Cleaning the inside of a glass dome

Hey all, happy new year and all that!!!!

I was wondering if anyone can share any tricks to cleaning the inside of a glass dome? I know it shouldnt get dirty but mine has gone a bit misty so would like to polish it up.

Any tips are appreciated.

Cheers

I use a "Selvyt" cloth - these are very soft cotton lens cleaning cloths made in England and combined with condensation from breath will clean insides of domes very effectively. They can be washed in pure soap and reused as many times as required too.

I use lint free cloths too, but only when it is very dirty. If it is just a few specks of dirt I use an optical cleaning brush.

I use a wire brush and a little sand paper, that cleans anything of the lens! okay just kidding, like already said a soft cloth is good, the kind you get for eye glasses.

Opti Max cleaning solution & Kimwipes lint free towelettes

I use Aquis microfiber towels made by a company called Britanne. I have about 5 of them and they are amazing. I've tried other microfiber & lens cloths and they don't compare.

i use them for cleaning ports, orings/grooves & drying the housing after a rinse. of course you dont' wanna clean your port & greasy orings with the same towel, i dedicate a towel for each task.

they are about 90cm x 45cm and are very thin but super absorbant - i used one as a proper towel while backpacking through australia for a month. you can get them at a lot of outdoors/camping stores, like EMS in the states.

cheers,

Undertow

Top tips guys, I obviously need to purchase some proper cloths etc for my prep box.

Thanks again

Sign in to follow this  

Sponsors

Advertisements