Reefwreck

D200/Tulamben & Seraya

I spent two photo days in Bali, specifically diving at Tulamben and Seraya. Here are a few samples. The rest can be seen on my BLOG at

http://reefwreck.blogspot.com/

I couldn't ask for better conditions with calm seas, good weather and viz. between 20-30 metres.

A special thank you to Tony Medcraft and my favourite dive guide, Made, at Tulamben Wreck Divers Resort, where I stayed and dived with.

http://www.tulambenwreckdivers.com

All photos were taken with the Nikon D200, Micro-Nikkor 70-180mm plus Nikon 6T, housed in a NEXUS housing, twin INON strobes wired through a Sea&Sea TTL converter. Everything worked magically, after I worked out a few user error issues.

Most post-processing was done using Nikon Capture NX, which I recently bought in Hong Kong.

Cheers.

Michael.

A couple of Harlequin Shrimp, Seraya, Bali

347573959_ea57d2381f.jpg

Whiskered Pipefish, Seraya, Bali

347573960_f1a69076c4.jpg

Warty Frogfish, Seraya, Bali

347573963_102ec1ea9c.jpg

Zebra Crab who looks like he needs some dental work!

347573964_841ce94c70.jpg

Denise's Pygmy Seahorse, Liberty Wreck, Tulamben, Bali

347573965_9c2b43534b.jpg

Elegant Squat Lobster

347579519_27790b7953.jpg

The rarely seen yet elegant Twinspot Lionfish, Tulamben, Bali

347575098_0a8e9bcd6c.jpg

Edited by Reefwreck

Interesting (but excellent) background for those harlequin shrimp :D...

Remember for best results on the web to convert to sRGB colorspace...some really nice work.

great stuff and a great location!

Fantastic photography there -- well done! Twin spot lionfish are actually very common if you go to the far reef at Seraya! You cna even shoot them with gorgeous bright coloured sponge backgrounds!

Thanks to all for the comments. They are much appreciated.

Interesting (but excellent) background for those harlequin shrimp :D...

Remember for best results on the web to convert to sRGB colorspace...some really nice work.

Hi Matt,

How do the colours appear now?

As far as the Harlequin Shrimp are concerned, I shot them as I found them. However, of course I can't speak for the group of photographers who were there several minutes before me. :D

Really nice shots, thanks for sharing!

A special thank you to Tony Medcraft and my favourite dive guide, Made, at Tulamben Wreck Divers Resort, where I stayed and dived with.

I stayed there too about four years ago. I am thinking of coming back there and was trying to remember the name of the guide but couldn't, but now I do, it was Made too, the best one I had in Tulamben (and anywhere else), very knowledgeable and a really nice person.

Luiz

P.S.: When you don't convert to sRGB the colors look a bit on the cool side...

Sponsors

Advertisements