MikeVeitch

New HDV camera from JVC, Everio GZ-HD7

Not to be outdone by Sony, JVC has also introduced a new camera, the Everio GZ-HD7.

JVC showcased their HDD Everio GZ-HD7. The 3CCD camcorder uses the AVCHD codec, writing to a 60GB hard disk for up to 5 hours of HD recording and more at lower resolutions. Fujinon supplies the 10X optical lens and also the mounting system for the 3 1/5" CCDs.

A link is here Everio GZ-HD7

Not to be outdone by Sony, JVC has also introduced a new camera, the Everio GZ-HD7.

JVC showcased their HDD Everio GZ-HD7. The 3CCD camcorder uses the AVCHD codec, writing to a 60GB hard disk for up to 5 hours of HD recording and more at lower resolutions. Fujinon supplies the 10X optical lens and also the mounting system for the 3 1/5" CCDs.

A link is here Everio GZ-HD7

Mike, accoring to JVC's press release, you might have made a mistake on the codec end of things - I posted the full press release on UWDV and they state in the specs the following:

Record Mode Record Resolution CODEC Video/Audio System Bit Rate Recording Time FHD

(Full HD High Quality Mode) 1920x1080i MPEG2-TS /

MP2 (MPEG1 Layer 2) Variable Bit Rate (VBR): Max 30 Mbps

Ave. 26.6Mbps approx. 5hr SP

(Long Time 7 Hour Mode) 1440x1080i MPEG2-TS /

MP2 (MPEG1 Layer 2) VBR: Max 22 Mbps

Ave. 19Mbps approx. 7hr 1440CBR

(Constant Bit Rate Mode) 1440x1080i MPEG2-TS /

MP2 (MPEG1 Layer 2) Constant Bit Rate (CBR): 27Mbps approx. 5hr

This is the first camera that has actually gotten my attention - especially for shooting while freediving - now if only one of the top 3 housing companies would do a housing for this camera (Maybe Gates???)

Edited by freediver

That little camera certainly got my attention too! I am stills only at the moment but I am excited to hear more about this. It looks really interesting...quite a nice package.

To be honest, the idea of using tape as a storage method makes me queezy :D Everytime I actually start to think about video I get stuck right there. It just feels so mechanical & stoneage. I just can't help but remember my commodore vic20 with its tape drive haha in 1981: http://oldcomputers.net/vic20.html

Later!

Keep in mind that JVC does not have the best reputation for reliability/durability. But we do have a window towards what the future holds.

Steve B)

Sponsors

Advertisements