shchae

Sea&sea I-TTL Converter Problem

Sam, if you have a multimeter it would be interesting to see if there are any potential differences (voltages) between the various parts of your rig when it's all set up and powered up. e.g. between the housing metal and the nikonos plug body, and between the plug and the TTL battery compartment.

Cheers,

Martyn

Hi Guys,

This thread seems to have come to an abrupt end???

Has anyone had any new results from experiments or ideas.

I am particularly interested in getting the S&S convertor to work with my Nexus housed D70S.

I have had the Nexus hotshoe connector/adaptor NCC-V2 rewired so that the polarity has been reversed.

This now makes the hotshoe connector basically the same as the S&S unit. In an attempt to protect myself from "Murphy's Law", I am now going to have a look at insulating the camera from the housing's base plate;

any suggestions would be appreciated. Obviously, it would have to be a simple fix, so as not to move the camera around too much and lose the use of some of the controls??

Bruce

Hi,

I just got my i-ttl converter(repaired) + Nexus D200 housing back & will test it underwater in two weeks. Before I use it underwater, I am going to check my hotshoe wiring + measure the potential differences as suggested. I made a plastic screw for my camera base & put rubber tape on it too.

Sam

Hi Sam,

any update on this?

I'm about to go to a D200 and converter and would appreciate any advice where this is concerned.

Thanks & regards,

Andy

Hi,

I just got my i-ttl converter(repaired) + Nexus D200 housing back & will test it underwater in two weeks. Before I use it underwater, I am going to check my hotshoe wiring + measure the potential differences as suggested. I made a plastic screw for my camera base & put rubber tape on it too.

Sam

Sponsors

Advertisements